todays' the day!

General Biker Banter
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

right ...needs a new set of tyres.. so ive got BTo2os on order..you were right thumper m8 summat is wrong with the right hand disc..its' not warped but its bent inwards about 3 inches some point on its circumference so it has a tight spot..but it did not fluctuate like a warpred disc on the test bed..so they reckon it could be the axel the boys at J Wier are gonna have a look see to see if it may be something fixable without having to buy new parts..but a new axel is only £30.. replacement subframe was fitted..and i have guaranteed straight discs in case they need replaced..otherwise it sailed through all the other tests even the lock to lock..the BTs will cost under £200 fitted. so i reckon on about £300- 350 parts labour and the Mot which means im back on the road for under £600. not bad for a total wreck after my off....next time its fully comp for me insurance wise, and im just about to call bennetts to see if they will cover a loaner till mine is ready to pick up..next week :wink:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
dunk4230

Post by dunk4230 »

sh1t marty is that the axel you got with my front wheel and you gave me your old one i feel bad now :( :(
Ill Sleep When I Die
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

no m8 i gave you back yours and kept mine seemed only fair just in case mine was knackered dont sweat it m8 you did me a favour selling me your front wheel for £80 :wink:
dunk4230

Post by dunk4230 »

Ok so its all your own fault and here i was contemplating slitting my wrists :)
Ill Sleep When I Die
kevg

Post by kevg »

thats good news marty, glad to hear your fit enough to be thinking of a loaner as well.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That is pretty good news Marty, considdering all things :D
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Zer0Zer0 wrote:they reckon it could be the axel the boys at J Wier are gonna have a look see to see if it may be something fixable without having to buy new parts..but a new axel is only £30..
You have PM
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
alan

todays the day

Post by alan »

I have a front spindle Marty you can have but i think the thread is crossed you may be able to recover it.I gave my original one to a mate and i have his old one but its totally straight.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

thanks for the offers boys n girls...but it looks like mine is ok..its' the disc thats faulty probably a manufacturing fault.as the impact of the front end on the steel post shouldnt have damadged the disc in the way thats is apparent.
as ive had them on the bike for over a year before the crunch. i wouldnt think id' have any redress from the manufacturer or the company i bought them from..the pad wear on that side was odd which is why the test for warping didnt show up as would be expected..and as ive said I cpuldnt detect any pulsing through the brake lever on the ride down to the workshop the other day they discovered the tight spot when they turned the wheel by hand so much for quality control eh! or it may have been the way they were stored at the place i bought them from....ive already got replacement discs so itll' just be a matter of swapping them out..... :)