Bellypan

General Bike chat
dookie

Post by dookie »

Stormin Ben wrote:Are you sure they haven't just quoted you for a new bellypan?

That sounds stupidly expensive 8O
No m8 the bellypans are over two hundred quid , my camera is f$%ked at the mo but im buying the missus one for crimbo and will be happy to take loads of piccys of my brackets and try and get the dimensions right for you , theres realy not a lot to them just two long thin plates with some smaller brackets of to mounting points.
There was a time i used to care
kevg

Post by kevg »

dookie wrote:
Stormin Ben wrote:Are you sure they haven't just quoted you for a new bellypan?

That sounds stupidly expensive 8O
No m8 the bellypans are over two hundred quid , my camera is f$%ked at the mo but im buying the missus one for crimbo and will be happy to take loads of piccys of my brackets and try and get the dimensions right for you , theres realy not a lot to them just two long thin plates with some smaller brackets of to mounting points.
hope she doesn't read this , thats her christmas spoiled, lol.
cheerz

kev
yellowtrev

Post by yellowtrev »

Thanks for that Dookie,sure, if you want to practice taking pics of the brackets it would help tremendously as i haven't a clue what they look like or where they fit onto.

I have since e-mailed Pyramid back expressing my thoughts on the ridiculously high priced brackets and how dis-proportionate they are compared to a bellypan but i don't suppose they will send me a christmas card and the brackets!!!!

Thanks for your help.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

This might help or at least give you an idea :!: The pic's also shows how the brackets attach to the bike. A guy (in the states I think can't remember now) who also had PP belly-pan didn't like the standard fittings so he made these himself

Chris.

Failing that you can always sell it to me :lol:
yellowtrev

Post by yellowtrev »

Thanks for the pics Chris, at least i know now there are only 2 brackets not 4 and also where they fit.
It will help me alot when i come to bodge i mean improvise!!!

Cheers.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

yellowtrev wrote:Thanks for the pics Chris, at least i know now there are only 2 brackets not 4 and also where they fit.
It will help me alot when i come to bodge i mean improvise!!!

Cheers.
I don't know if originally there would have been four, but this guy who made these (as I said) didn't like the original so that's why he made these :!: I know some dimension would have been a huge help (if only I had them) but at least you now have some idea of what you will need, I hope :lol:

Chris.
yellowtrev

Post by yellowtrev »

I understand what you mean Chris, i got the gist after i read it again but i had already posted the reply. :roll: :oops:
2 brackets or 4 i will work it out.
Thanks for your help.

Trev.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

yellowtrev wrote:I understand what you mean Chris, i got the gist after i read it again but i had already posted the reply. :roll: :oops:
2 brackets or 4 i will work it out.
Thanks for your help.

Trev.
Good luck with it Trev :!: :D

Chris.
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

sorry to bump this one up but effing christ!!!! how steep are those brackets? 8O