Club Meeting with Dyno in 2007

General Biker Banter
thumper

Post by thumper »

squires is in the middle plus you will get plenty bussiness not just from this club , :P
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
alan

dyno

Post by alan »

As i said previously Thumper!!
thumper

Re: dyno

Post by thumper »

alan wrote:As i said previously Thumper!!
just backing you up alan :wink:
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
alan

dyno meet

Post by alan »

Well if its Squires on a Sunday, dinner at mine then for you all :lol:

(did i really just say that) 8O 8O
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

FirestormMike wrote:. . . and yorkies ?
Presumably you have to pluck/ shave them first coz the hair's a bit wiry!! :lol:
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
alan

dyno

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol:
simon t

Take your pick

Post by simon t »

Centre points of the United Kingdom

There has long been debate over the exact location of the geographical centre of the United Kingdom, and its constituent countries, due to the complexity and method of the calculation, such as whether to include offshore islands, and the fact that erosion will cause the position to change over time.

For centuries Meriden, West Midlands held the claim to be the geographical centre of England, and there has been a stone cross there commemorating the claim for at least 500 years. The justification is that the point furthest from the sea is in the vicinity of Meriden. A rival claim for the true location of the centre of England is made by the site of a tree, the Midland Oak, situated on the boundary between Lillington and Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.

Similarly, the town of Haltwhistle in Northumberland still sports banners stating that it is the 'Centre of Britain', although depending on how it is calculated the centre can also be said to be Dunsop Bridge in Lancashire, 71 miles (114km) to the south.

Schiehallion, a mountain in Perthshire, is sometimes described as the centre of Scotland.

However, 2002 studies by the Ordnance Survey pinpointed the centres more precisely, and it is their results that are quoted here. Their calculations find the position of the centroid of the two-dimensional shapes made by the countries. All locations include offshore islands, unless stated.

History

It was once falsely believed that Weedon Bec in Northamptonshire was the centre of England. An old military installation still exists there built as a stronghold to protect King George III from the invading French. In such an event, the canal system runs from London directly into the barracks.

Locations

Great Britain

Brennand Farm, near Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire (54°0′13.176″N, 2°32′52.278″W; grid reference SD6418856541)

Great Britain (excluding islands)

Calderstones Hospital, near Whalley, Lancashire (grid reference SD7232136671)

England

Lindley Hall Farm, near Fenny Drayton, Leicestershire (52°33′42.942″N, 1°27′53.474″W; grid reference SP3637396143)

Weedon Bec (grid reference SP629596). George III considered this was the centre and had arrangement to come here if a Napoleonic invasion was threatened.

Northern Ireland

Annaghone, County Tyrone (54°36′27.277″N, 6°41′35.323″W)

Scotland

Between Blair Atholl and Dalwhinnie, Perthshire (56°49′0.257″N, 4°11′2.267″W; grid reference NN6678471599)

Wales

Near Cwmystwyth, Ceredigion (52°19′48.791″N, 3°45′59.072″W; grid reference SN7972871704)

Furthest point from the sea - Church Flatts Farm, Coton in the Elms, Derbyshire.

Furthest point from high tide mark (including tidal rivers) - between Hammerwich and Wall, south-west of Lichfield, Staffordshire.

Centre of a rectangular map covering precisely all of England (and Wales) - near Woodseaves, south of Market Drayton, Shropshire.
Badger

Post by Badger »

So, whats your point ?
alan

dyno

Post by alan »

Mines about my belly button area :lol: :lol:
skidonald

Post by skidonald »

Why not make a shortlist of places Styler would travel to and then see how many of us would travel there. No point in going somewhere where only a few would turn up.

eg.

Squires
Alan
Skidonald

Staffordshire
Kaz
etc...

If the numbers aren't good for either then maybe a point between the two, eg Sheffield would be more suitable.
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Might as well chuck my two'pennorth in :lol:

If we are talking 'Midlands' I would have said either :

The Vic or
MFN @ Ilkeston Derbyshire or
Bassets Pole, Staffs

Any thoughts ??
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

Give me some post codes so I can work out the milage, time and the cost to get there and back then lads

styler
simon t

Post by simon t »

sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

as long as its not below Brum...me and him will go to where ever it is..it'll be worth it