Exhausts Done

General Bike chat
alan

Exhausts Done

Post by alan »

Yep pick my bike up tomorrow my exhaust headers and link pipes are done so should be good to go for a test ride if a dry day comes.

Pics to follow
dookie

Post by dookie »

Got my new Fuel cans last week , sound ace and bloody ace with the removable baffles out :D :twisted:

Also just fitted some R1 long stem mirrors , going to test them today if the rain holds out.
There was a time i used to care
alan

exhausts

Post by alan »

Yes the Fuel cans are very good a mate of mine got one for his bike ages ago now, i think when they first started to make them as they only sold them through ebay at the time, i believe there in Lancashire.

Can,t wait to hear my exhausts again to see if theres any difference my blueflames use a 50 mm link pipe but now there piped up to a 45mm and flanged hopefully creating a bit more power and noise (not that i need the noise) with some fancy routing under the subframe.

hope your test goes Dookie
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

alan.....your actually gonna ride that prize winner....OMG.... it would be on my mantlepiece lol!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
alan

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: i know its soooooooooooo exciting
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That's good news Alan, I hope AKA Mr Trebus has done a nice job for you :!:
I look forward to seeing the pic's 8)

So that's your Xmas pressie sorted :wink: :lol:

Dookie
So how did your test go if it wasn't rained off :?:

Chris.
alan

exhausts

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: yes i'm sure he has Chris he had a few problems doing the rear cylinder as i ended up giving him a hand with that,mainly stripping the bike so he could get the pipe in and line everything up,but hav'nt seen any of the other work yet.Was supposed to go for it yesterday but couldnt arrange anything so probably tomorrow going to ride it back know as its forcast dry weather here.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Hope it stays dry Alan.
Enjoy!!!!!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
dookie

Post by dookie »

Test went well the mirrors are a much better and now i get a full veiw behind, in the end went for a mismatch of the two mirrors .
I put the mirrors and stems of the R1 mirrors on the vtr brackets and a bit of the R1 gator inside the vtr gator to get a nice tight fit.
They look ok , will try to put some piccys if i can get my phone to work.
There was a time i used to care
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: exhausts

Post by sirch345 »

alan wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: yes i'm sure he has Chris he had a few problems doing the rear cylinder as i ended up giving him a hand with that,mainly stripping the bike so he could get the pipe in and line everything up,but hav'nt seen any of the other work yet.Was supposed to go for it yesterday but couldnt arrange anything so probably tomorrow going to ride it back know as its forcast dry weather here.
Hopefully you will be able to 8) :D
dookie wrote:Test went well the mirrors are a much better and now i get a full veiw behind, in the end went for a mismatch of the two mirrors .
I put the mirrors and stems of the R1 mirrors on the vtr brackets and a bit of the R1 gator inside the vtr gator to get a nice tight fit.
They look ok , will try to put some piccys if i can get my phone to work.
That sounds like a good set up Dookie utilising the two mirrors. I tried R1 mirrors myself along time ago, but I couldn't get on with them being closer to me :!: