North of Scotland bike tours

General Biker Banter
DavieMac11

North of Scotland bike tours

Post by DavieMac11 »

Hi,
Myself and a mate from up here in the North of Scotland are currently discussing the possibilities of starting a motorcycle tours business next year. The package we plan to offer would comprise of a 3 day guided tour of some of the most amazing and scenic roads in the whole of Scotland, 2 nights accomodation including all meals throughout the 3 days, and also visits to local attractions such as distilleries or similar. We also plan to offer a service which would involve a vehicle meeting us each morning and evening to transport all our luggage to save carrying it all day.
We are still at the very early planning stages of this business venture and are just trying to gauge what interest there'd be if we went ahead with it.
Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed.
Cheers,
Davie :wink:
kevg

Post by kevg »

Sounds like a good idea if you get the advertising done right, and can generate enough interest, its something the americans would lap up, as well as locals who haven't been out and about in their own country.

there are already one or two companies do this in scotland, you see them at the bike show each year, i've a friend of a friend who worked for one of them, can't remember thier name though :oops: as far as i know they have always been busy, do your research on what they all do and see if there is anything you feel you can do better or different to give you the edge in the market.

good luck, and i might be one of your punters, i'm one of the "not seen much of my own country" on the bike brigade.
cheerz

kev
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

AS Kev says the americans will lap it up if includes bike hire/pillion hire.or if the can rent a hog... :? the english guys on the MCN website and most of the biking press, are always going on about how the best roads to ride are up here, they come up in droves on thier own.. but a guided tour with overnights is a spanking idea, again as Kev mentioned advertising and research are the key..it is something I would be interested in for certain :D
good luck if you get it off the ground. ill keep my eye out for your Ad....
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
alan

Post by alan »

Me and my wife would deff be intrested we love Scotland, are you thinking of just doing road bikes or any offroad activities????
DavieMac11

Post by DavieMac11 »

Thanks for yer input guys, really appreciated. As I said, we're currently still at very early stages in planning and just trying to gauge what interest there'd be. Providing our plans develop, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Alan: At present we're just planning doing road tours of all the most scenic areas of the highlands and including various stop-offs/visits. Off road biking isn't really something I have a great deal of experience in, although there's definately plenty of great terrain for it!

Cheers,
kevg

Post by kevg »

it might be something you can get a princes trust grant to help you with as well, my sister ran a craft shop in the alexandria factory outlets at loch lommond for a year and she got one to help her start up.
cheerz

kev
DavieMac11

Post by DavieMac11 »

Cheers Kev. May well be worth looking into.