Why is it?

General Biker Banter
Fireman on a Storm

Why is it?

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Why is it when you have to get up for work you can't wake up and when you don't have to go to work you are wide awake at the time you didn't want to get up the day before :x
Tempest

Re: Why is it?

Post by Tempest »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:Why is it when you have to get up for work you can't wake up and when you don't have to go to work you are wide awake at the time you didn't want to get up the day before :x
I find going to be (on holiday) at about 2:00am cures me of the waking up early problem :)
Bondy

Post by Bondy »

I don't mind the gettin up early on the day your off, its when i wake up 1 minute before my alarm goes off that gets me :evil: i dont know why. Whats another minute asleep gonna do?
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

Think it's a shift thing! On earlies I can't get up, or keep waking up thinking its time to get up and on lates i'm awake for an early.... and I've never had a 9-5 job so I should be used to it by now!!
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Best time of day is that extra 10 mins in bed when your really warm and thinking of reasons to ring in sick..........
it may be clever, but its not big.
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

i find the best time of day is just waking up at 2pm and realising its persisting it down out there and i ve got a day off...no mucking out horses in the rain for me today lol
gcs

Post by gcs »

Its nice to know that where ever we are in the world, whatever our station, the biggest problems are universal and profound.
8O 8O

I seem to be able to wake up just before the alarm goes off too.. must be a superpower.... :wink: :wink:
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
chaz

Post by chaz »

Why is it , ...I just put the 2 halves of the youngest boys ts50 back together started assembling and thought, 'why isnt there a crankcase seal on the right side???'

answer because it goes inside the right hand half , not outside as conventional.. :roll:

yes 15 mins later and its all in bits again :twisted:
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Why is it?

Post by sirch345 »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:Why is it when you have to get up for work you can't wake up and when you don't have to go to work you are wide awake at the time you didn't want to get up the day before :x
It's because we were never designed to have to go to a place of work 8 hours a day 5 days a week on average, it's just something we have to do to fit in with the system that we live in :!: :lol: well that's what it is for the majority imo :!:

Chris.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

So why am I still up and posting on here at this time of the morning when I should be in bed ready for another day at work etc etc?

:roll:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Wroey

Post by Wroey »

LotusSevenMan wrote:So why am I still up and posting on here at this time of the morning when I should be in bed ready for another day at work etc etc?

:roll:
Because like me, you dont have to be up in the morning ?
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I've beaten the waking early thing! I just work nights with the occasional late shift thrown in (lunch til late evening). So my bed time is when the rest of the world is getting up. My poor bod doesn't have a clue what's going on, so it's learnt to sleep whenever my head hits the pillow.

My cat is slowly learning that if he wakes me too early, he gets a flying lesson, although sometimes he seems to think it's worth a shot :roll: .
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

VTR Girl said
My cat is slowly learning that if he wakes me too early, he gets a flying lesson, although sometimes he seems to think it's worth a shot .
Ha! I can relate to that :D
We've come to a mutual agreement now. If I leave a toe hanging out the bottom of the bed he can claw it and if I can catch him I've got the right to drop kick him :twisted:
Who needs an alarm clock? I just get up when ever the blasted cat decides it's time :?

Pete.l