Soft Luggage

General Bike chat
JohnnyB

Soft Luggage

Post by JohnnyB »

Hi All,
I'll be looking for a set of Panniers for the 'storm soon. Any reccomendations for a set that are weatherproof and a good fit to a VTR with Standard Pipes on?

thankyouverymuch :D
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I used to use some cheap Oxford ones. They were as waterproof as any others (the zips never are) and with things packed in plastic bags inside were no probs at all. I added another tie between the two which went under the subframe for extra security whilst riding. They were only about £25 form Carnells (remeber them?)
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

Stratman wrote:I used to use some cheap Oxford ones. They were as waterproof as any others (the zips never are) and with things packed in plastic bags inside were no probs at all. I added another tie between the two which went under the subframe for extra security whilst riding. They were only about £25 form Carnells (remeber them?)
Ive got some of these, i quite agree, rather good and cheap! the only thing i found was that they were not as sercure as i would of liked but a couple of bungees quickly solved this!

Unless you can afford a GIVI rack, the cases come on and off so you dont have to keep them on all the time! You will fit ten times the load in a hardcase normally!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
JohnnyB

Soft Luggage

Post by JohnnyB »

Thanks Guys, They are only for occasional use (a tankbag and Backpack usually suffice). I just don't want to get something that only lasts a year or 2...