crap tyres

General Bike chat
twintin

crap tyres

Post by twintin »

Is it me or are Michelin hi-sports really crap????(dealer put em on before i bought it)
1st sign of damp weather and its slip slidin away over every damn white line over banding ridge an dead pigeon in sight!! only got 1600 miles on em but they gotta go.Anybody got any recommends i use it mainly to get to work on through the traffic an blasts whenever i get the chance. I used to have an NC30 with 010's on an they were great in the dry an good in the slime, so am tempted to go back to mr Bridgestone,any input appreciated
Very sad to read about wayne he was the first person to reply to my 1st query, thoughts to his family at this sad time
its not rust it's character
Nick

Post by Nick »

D208's get my thumbs up. Done about a 1000 miles with minimal wear. Total confidence in the dry and no apparent skipping over white lines or banding in the wet. Had 010's on before and I reckon the 208's are better.

And they are cheap.

Nick.
BP team

Post by BP team »

Agree about D208's, i have one at the rear wheel. it's stuck on the road. my next rear tyre will be a D208, i'm sure
the front D208 is not bad too. For the time being, i have an old (i had to finish to use) 10 BT on the front but i hesitate between a D208 and a michelin pilot sport for the front.
someone told me that the michelin is good for the front, but what i read in this subject afraid me a little.
What choice to make for the front?

I read in several subject the word "clunky". if anyone can tell me what does that mean...

Oliv'
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Oliv'

The word "clunky" refers to the sound that the gearbox makes as you put it into gear, alternativley you could say "not smooth", hope this helps.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Robbe

Post by Robbe »

Had Macrapam M90's fitted when i got the storm. The were worse than a worse thing on a worse day. Never heated up, lasted longer than a willy wonka everlasting gobstopper and didnt grip.
Now wearing a nice set of 207rr's.
lots of grip and fun to be had.

Robb
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

012s

They have been great for me.
andyh

Post by andyh »

I'm running a Bridgestone 010 on the front and a 020 on the back, can't fault them at all. I don't hang about riding and still get 4000 miles on a front and 5000 out of the back, crackin' tyres.

Andyh
W@zzA

tyres

Post by W@zzA »

Had Pirelli Dragon Corsas excellent tyres couldnt fault em :!: Then changed to 208s the rear is great but hated the front, 1st one was shagged in 1200m Dunlop said it was faulty and replaced it the 2nd was ok ish but felt like the wheel bearings had gone when it was on its last legs. Just fitted a 207rr to the front with the my existing 208 on the rear, I'll post my findings when its back on the road :!:

Warren