OUCH!

General Bike chat
chromedome

OUCH!

Post by chromedome »

Decided to go for a Friday afternoon ride in the autumn sunshine and had my first ever highside 8O - which ended up with me in A&E and the bike looking decidedly 2nd hand. Bugger! :(

Luckily I only broke my collar bone, but the bike will be needing just about everything for the right hand side. At least it didn't happen after I had fitted the Staintune exhausts I am waiting for.

So, a winter rebuild is on the cards!

Matt (the one fingered typist).
kemsleystorm

Post by kemsleystorm »

hi there matt!

hope your doing ok? sorry to hear about that!

been there too!

i was knee down a couple of months ago for the first time! all was great until i dug in the rear brake pedal against tarmac! (doh!)

result, one spectacular lowside!

i have have all the order codes for the spares youll need for a 2002 storm for the right side if you need them! saves you a bit of searching!

let me know mate!

miles.
barnstormer

Post by barnstormer »

you didnt do it on that nice stretch you and matt found last sunday did you. :?: :!: dynamite said it was a bit scary down hill :!: r u lookin at lots of cash to fix that beastie :?:
go on then,get on the back and hold tight
chromedome

Post by chromedome »

I crashed on a road I know well just outside Bicester, where I live. If it had been that road near Evesham I don't think I would have been so lucky.

I reckon it will cost about £500 to fix all the damage, plus I need new leathers! To top it all, the police are making me attend a riding skills course costing £150. Mind you, bearing in mind I crashed without any assistance, perhaps this is a good thing!
dynamite

sh1t

Post by dynamite »

Soz to hear that matt where abouts did it happen? wot parts do u need?I'll keep me eye out on ebay 4 u.If u need any help give me a shout and i'll pop round as long as u provide the teas!

Matt
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul!