Lurching clutch.........( storming ben? )

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VeetyR

Lurching clutch.........( storming ben? )

Post by VeetyR »

Stormin Ben wrote:Clutch
Is it a graunchy sort of noise accompanied by a bit of a lurch?
Mine was a total bitch for it, meaning the only way I could move off was minimum revs, then nail it once the clutch was out

Solution?
Remove and throw away the stock springs and replace them with some beefier ones (mine cost me £8)
Transformed mine

NB if you're gonna be removing the clutch cover, get yourself a replacement gasket coz if you don't have one, then odds on the old one WILL fall apart :roll:
This has happened to me yesterday when pulling away from some lights.........its the first time i have heard this noise and it really unsettled me.......just need to replace the clutch springs u say.....which ones did u get and where from fella???

Thx VeetyR (john'o)
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

mine does this, slipping the clutch at lower medium revs helps. if i dont do that it tries tearing me nuts off

new clutch bits all through might help........ for me at least
dookie

Post by dookie »

Just a thought on clutches , change my clutch fluid yesterday and there was loads of sh1t in the line and master cylinder. The clutch action is much smoother now and it bites later.
There was a time i used to care
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

oh that reminds me

changed my clutch fluid

it was black as treacle. took off the clutch slave and it was sticky and gammed up with corroded magnesium and all sorts f shite.

took it all to bits, polished the piston and bore, assembled it all and now and again it still lurches
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

John'o
My springs were EBC from a mate in a bike shop
Slightly stiffer than stock (I'll see if I've still got the box at home)
Most accessory places will do them eg busters, demon tweeks etc

While I had the cover off I lightly filed the tangs on the clutch to take out the very slight notchiness that was on them too.

Karlos
Good job on cleaning the clutch but the problem's with the springs/ plates/ take-up not the release/pushrod mechanism
Try changing the springs, it really does work and for about £8 it is well worth doing
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!