Names for Matlock Bath please.

General Biker Banter
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

ok stupid question.......WTF is matlock bath??....and wot is being arranged??
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

WTF is matlock bath??....
Its north of Watford and therefore unknown territory to most Londoners :lol:

The post and others tells you what is happening - a bit of a get together in early May for us Stormers 8)
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Right, I've been checking with the Temple Hotel (it's just up the hill from the Fishpond) (see it here: http://www.templehotel.co.uk/default.asp )

Currently, availability for Friday night and Saturday night is 2, poss 3 twin rooms, at least 6 doubles and 1 single (though they'll do single occupnacy too)

So availability is good at the moment, but it will fill up very quickly. As its bank holiday, I can't get a group discount organised, but prices aren't too bad for a hotel.

Twins are £92.00 (thats for 2 people, not per person)
Doubles are £92.00 (same)
Singles are £55.00

All include full english breakfasts.

They are bike friendly (you'd pretty much have to be in Matlock Bath, but the whole village likes bikes anyway)
They have a garage and a private car park, whilst they wont fit 15+ bikes in the garage, there should be space enough.

They'll take a £40.00 deposit to confirm a booking and secure a room.

If you want to stay here, it's pretty much gonna have to be booked very soon.

Other alternatives are

The Cables B&B (3 rooms, £55.00 double, 2 people - http://www.thecablesbandb.com/ )

The Firs B&B (Matlock, not Matlock Bath, its a bit down the road. £53.00 double, 2 people - http://www.know-britain.com/accommodation/firs.htm )

New Bath Hotel (£60.00 double per person per night - http://www.information-britain.co.uk/sh ... ce_ID=3413 for online booking http://www.e-travelguide.info/NewBath/index.htm for info )

Prices I've listed are per night for a 2 people in a double room where possible. Might get some deals by having a hunt around on hotel sites like Octopus or similar, but my enquiries seem to suggest that it doesn't get much better price wise by booking through an agent - probably due to bank holiday.

Also worth remebering that this bank holiday weekend at the start of the season, the Sunday is gonna be absolutely rammed. I'd easily expect to see literally thousands of bikes turn up.

Yes, that entire road is full of bikes... no car parking on main street on Sunday so wussy Subaru owners take note...
Last edited by Kitch on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

looks like its camping for me and the bionic gnome....can't afford much this year :cry:
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

sadly, camp sites aren't many round there (the non-mountain bits have buildings on them) so the nearest tent places are somebody's garden or:

Birchwood Farm, Longway Bank, Wirksworth Road, Whatstandwell, 01629 822280 - 4 miles

Greenhills Caravan Park, Crowhill Lane, Ashford Road, Bakewell - 01629 813052 - 8 miles

The Caravan Club, Chatsworth Park Site, Chatsworth Park, Baslow - 01246 582226 - 8 miles

The Camping and Caravan Club, Hopping Farm, Youlgrave, Bakewell. - 01629 636555- 8 miles

Wayside Farm Camping & Caravan Site, Wayside Farm, Chesterfield Road, Matlock - 01629 582967 Mr.& Mrs. Hole.

*edit* and why aren't you out shovelling poo Sparra?
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Kitch wrote:Wayside Farm Camping & Caravan Site, Wayside Farm, Chesterfield Road, Matlock - 01629 582967 Mr.& Mrs. Hole.
I know it's childish but I laughed.
Rich.

clutchmonkey

Post by clutchmonkey »

Hiya all,

Newbie here and just joined the forum. Would love to meet you all and I'm in Derby so only 30 mins away from Matlock Bath so put me down for a visit. Assume we are talking about the weekend of the 5th of May???

Cheers all
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Hmmmm i wonder if i could bend the shortlegged one into splashin out on a room...i will make him some how :wink: ....coz the tent idea means luggage which means the bike won't go as fast and i can't be havin that can i!!! oohh nooooooooooooo :lol:
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Has anyone booked accomodation yet?

Be good to all at least be in the same town... Matlock and Matlock Bath are far enough apart to be a hassle for evenings.
stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

I'm only 20 miles down the road so it will be rude if I don't bring the fighter down to say hello.

Daz
dookie

Post by dookie »

clutchmonkey wrote:Hiya all,

Newbie here and just joined the forum. Would love to meet you all and I'm in Derby so only 30 mins away from Matlock Bath so put me down for a visit. Assume we are talking about the weekend of the 5th of May???

Cheers all
Yeah when the feck are you talking about? what dates????
There was a time i used to care
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

4/5/6 May
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

in the process of arm bending of the dwarf..i'm gettin nearer to a yes lol
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

ill bring my yella shitter out for an apperance

quick blast up the heli patrolled A6 if all is working and bits dont decide to fall off
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Cool..lookin forward to meetin you Karl