one happy new owner/member

General Bike chat
CHUGNUT

one happy new owner/member

Post by CHUGNUT »

just got back from picking up my new firestorm :D
part exed the faithful old cbr6 :( for the beautiful red machine that now sits in my garage,
WOW...... i should have made the jump to v-twins years ago.
130 miles of fun, no aching wrists, butt or back! more power than i deserve and the sound........
hope to meet up with some of you guys in the future
one question, which cans make the nicest noise, not too loud but, y'know

later
nobby50

Post by nobby50 »

welcome aboard mate!!hope you enjoy the site as much as the storm. :lol: for a decent set of cans try remus grand prix ,but iam sure others will tell you different :roll: see ya later
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

chugnut,

There are some remus GP's for sale in the sales section. I had a look at these myself but got offer some other exhausts, worth a look cos they are alright for the money.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
captainkirk11

cans

Post by captainkirk11 »

Do you want race or road legal?
I fitted scorpion hi level road legal and the sound is still mega !!
about £350 pic is on 2nd page of misc. in gallery
CHUGNUT

Post by CHUGNUT »

thanks guys,
i looked at an m.i.g high level system but it wasn't cheap,
i would like high level cans but also want to keep the rear footpegs,
not too bothered about road legal,
i'll check out your suggestions,

thanks again

dino
castrolstorm

hi-level pipes

Post by castrolstorm »

Hi CHUGNUT
I have renegade hi-levels on my summer bike, and the pillion pegs are mounted on long ally spacers, with long stainless bolts,.
The spacers are about 50mm long,and my wife says they feel better than standard, cos her feet are a bit further out, and she doesnt play footsy with me.
Hope you enjoy your storm as much as I do
RICK
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: one happy new owner/member

Post by sirch345 »

I have Scorpion high level s/steel oval race cans, rear foot pegs spaced out with alloy spacers, not to loud but a nice deep exhaust note, you will need to replace standard indicators with mini ones but well worth it, hope this helps, Chris.
CHUGNUT wrote:just got back from picking up my new firestorm :D
part exed the faithful old cbr6 :( for the beautiful red machine that now sits in my garage,
WOW...... i should have made the jump to v-twins years ago.
130 miles of fun, no aching wrists, butt or back! more power than i deserve and the sound........
hope to meet up with some of you guys in the future
one question, which cans make the nicest noise, not too loud but, y'know

later
Rich

Post by Rich »

well it was my first week of using the storm this week after looking at it in the garage for two weeks and l'm hooked, l had three days off work to go storming l just cant get enough, l get up look out the window the sun is out and its sod work and get the bike out.l've never been in so many petrol stations!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Chugnut
I've got the Laser Duo Tech pipes on order at the moment. Hopefully they will arrrive soon. I,m only down the road in Bristol So if you want to get together for a spin and compare bits I'm always up for a ride :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete.l
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

:D Welcome, I came to a Storm after several 4's and like u just love it, if you like the sound with standard cans just wait..........everyones got their fav's mines ARTs, very loud, high levels look so much better and u can still use the pillion pegs

have fun and ride safe

Phil
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Hi, Chugnut - I'm sure you'll love your Firestorm. I've had mine now for a couple of months, and while at first I wondered if I'd made the right decision, the torque and character of the bike is addictive. (Now I'm wondering if I made the right decision again, coz the chance of me getting busted for being a hoon has gone up exponentially!) :wink:

This is my 6th Honda, and my first v-twin after two V-4s. Although I'd ridden a few Storms before, I never expected to own one, but I'm glad I do. :D

Mine has debaffled pipes (previous owner), and is a little less loud than it was, courtesy of some 58mm perforated muffler core, but it's still WAAAY loud, so I'm going to have to shell out on some new mufflers or some remedial work before I get busted by the NoiseNazis here. Any aftermarket cans should be better than stock, except for Two Brothers, which were common on bikes here, but are way too loud, as are Arrows and Microns. Scorpions are good, as are Staintunes or Remus. I'm sure you'll find something that suits.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.