another newbie ???

General Bike chat
WaitForMe

another newbie ???

Post by WaitForMe »

what a great site ! got myself a 1999 f firestorm a couple of months ago after a few years messing about on various Ducaties, however the old body doesnt bend into the shape of Ducaties anymore and its very embarressing when her indoors has to help me get off after a run.

had a load of old British bikes during the sixties....except they weren't old then, probably why I love twins,never really got on with multies.

love this bike and this site has already been a big help as I got a set of mirror extenders as reccommende by another member...bit expensive but well made and easily fitted. Even though I have a beautiful pair of elbows and have admired them for thousands of miles on many bikes it was quite a revelation to actually see behind without acrobatics.

might be able to return the favour as I noticed a few old posts where members were having problems with the bike cutting out when idleing.This bike did the same for the first six or seven rides, started easily, ran great but on idle suddenly cut out. Tried all the usual reccommended fixes...didn't make any difference.

Bought a tin of Putoline Fuel Conditioner, said to add a full tin to 25 litres so put half in a full tank, ran till nearly empty and did the same again.Have been on seven or eight runs since and she hasn't cut out once. For £4.50 its been a cheap fix even if done twice a year. Says on the tin..." cleans and lubricares the entire ffuel system, removes deposits from the carburettor, injectors, valves and combustion chamber "

Hope to see you out there someday.
8ball

Post by 8ball »

welcome to the furum waitforme :)
Life fun when doing a ton
dookie

Post by dookie »

Welcome aboard m8 , know what you meen about multis , had a go on one again the other day after a few years of twinning it was a m8s new y2k bandit1200 and it felt gutless compared to the storm .
It went well when you revved it but who wants to wait for revs to build when you can just feck right off with a twist of the wrist :D
There was a time i used to care
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard WaitForMe :!: :D
I like your sense of humour 8) you should fit in very well here :D

Chris.