2nd hand 636 in green
40%
Other colour
No votes

Total votes: 10

MacV2

Hmmm???? Going Green....maybe.

Post by MacV2 »

Been pondering on this one for a while, but today I visited a Kwak dealer (no jokes about Mallards please :lol: ) to have a look at ZX6 & ZX10. Lots of ?'s mainly about finance & my finances! Ended up booking test rides for Sat on both, no doubt it will P down then! They had a quick look at me Storm & subject to a 'mini MOT' gave a px fig of 2grand, which i'm not too unhappy with.

So the quandery is......
a) 6 or 10?

b) Do I really need the 10 over the 6 (main use is to commute & I'm not just a fair weather biker.) with the extra running costs et all.

c) 6 is all new for 07, 10 is likely to be updated next year.

d) If I go for it should I give up Sky to save the 30 quid a month to help pay?

e) Green HAS to be the colour, right? or Orange or black?

f) Why do I go through so many socks?

g)Should I even think about the '05 636 with 4000mls, Approvik(?) pipe, in green for £4000ish that they have?

h)Why isn't there a h?

9) Am I having a 'midlife crisis'? (Was 43 this week, feel no different & haven't sprouted any more grey hairs, notice the use of the word more!)

j) Er?

k) Could I do this & keep the storm? (Sky, tely, computer, & phone would have to go!)

l) What would be the point of k)?

Your thoughts please?

MacV2.
8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
andy c

Post by andy c »

Any Kwak is a good
I wish they did a V-Twin
alan

Post by alan »

If i was gonna get a kwaker it would have tobe the first zx10 in black it looks just looks the fecking dogs and its a right animal way more than i can tame it though!!!!!!
alan

Post by alan »

I dont ive had one!!!
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

My local bike instructor says he loves all bikes but would happily ban the ZX10 due to the engine/frame/handling combination.
Just an opinion of an instructor who is well respected!!!!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

andy c wrote:Any Kwak is a good
I wish they did a V-Twin
they do.......sort of....the V-STROM painted orange 8O
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRbob wrote:
andy c wrote:Any Kwak is a good
I wish they did a V-Twin
they do.......sort of....the V-STROM painted orange 8O
Or one of these :lol:

Kawasaki VN2000
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

i could live with one of them...now im getting old :lol:
andy c

Post by andy c »

I'm getting old but not that old I'm only 45 (again)
I meant something like an SV or Firestorm type thing
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

andy c wrote:I'm getting old but not that old I'm only 45 (again)
I meant something like an SV or Firestorm type thing
:lol: :lol: :lol: I guessed that's what you meant :!:
blindmaninchains

Post by blindmaninchains »

Might not lap as fast as the new ones. Might be a bit harsh. Might not have the mid-range of a Storm. I don't care...

JUST LOOK AT IT!

There's nothing nice in my head, the adult world took it all away
Wildfire

Re: Hmmm???? Going Green....maybe.

Post by Wildfire »

MacV2 wrote:
So the quandery is......
a) 6 or 10? Personally I would go for the 10

b) Do I really need the 10 over the 6 (main use is to commute & I'm not just a fair weather biker.) with the extra running costs et all. Most 600 need to be revved...10 will have lots more midrange

c) 6 is all new for 07, 10 is likely to be updated next year. Last of the old model in the 10...Maybe time to strike a deal?

d) If I go for it should I give up Sky to save the 30 quid a month to help pay? Yes...I find 90% of channels a waste of time (Murdoch is a robbing bar steward (allegedly :lol: ))...Get a freeview box for £20...If you want the bike racing...Go to the pub or a mates to watch it

e) Green HAS to be the colour, right? or Orange or black? Green or Black if you like the stealth look

f) Why do I go through so many socks? Try cutting your toe nails :lol:

g)Should I even think about the '05 636 with 4000mls, Approvik(?) pipe, in green for £4000ish that they have?..Maybe...Only smarties have the answer

h)Why isn't there a h? .....Que :?:

9) Am I having a 'midlife crisis'? (Was 43 this week, feel no different & haven't sprouted any more grey hairs, notice the use of the word more!)..Possibly...My approach to 40 resulted in increased drinking...buying the Storm...and having lustful thoughts about women of a certain age :oops:

j) Er? ....Arrr

k) Could I do this & keep the storm? (Sky, tely, computer, & phone would have to go!)...Ask your bank manager...he may need extra's to keep him sweet
8O :?
l)

What would be the point of k)? See below

Your thoughts please?

IMHO...Despite all the above :D - I would (if finances allowed) go for the 10...Maybe a nice low mileage 2nd hand one and also keep the Storm + Get a ratter/trial bike for winter...Then you have options...Multi-bike policy will keep the insurance reasonable and you can always SORN the 10 & the VTR over winter to avoid wasting tax.

MacV2.
8O
MacV2

Hmmm.....Going green.....

Post by MacV2 »

Yeah, thats what I was thinking about the ZX10, maybe a bit too much for the road/me!

This is all subject to the dosh side of things as well, it may never happen, there's boilers, showers & general decorating things to think about as well these days, unfortunatly!

From the sensible side of things (in no particular order, dosh,licence,life expectancy!) it would have be the ZX6.

No one got any thing good to say about the Green ones then? Ahem, I mean colour does seem to quite a big thing round these parts. Maybe I will miss the throbbing grunt & fast as hell Red one!

The Black one is a mean looking Mofo! (tho maybe a tad anonomouse)

The Orange is a really nice looking paint/finish & looks good with the black frame. (might clash with me Sam Brown safety belt tho! :wink: )

The Green is... well it's a Kwak init!

As I said...Hmmmmm?????

MacV2
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alan

Post by alan »

My advice is wombles all the house hold bills and boilers decorating you only live once get the zx10 you know you wanna.

and if you have any change get some paint no need to wallpaper/boil kettle for hotwater no need for boiler and bills dont pay em only the bike bill they cant hang you now can tha :lol: :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

A 10 in Black. Definately!
You know you need it, you know you want it. Now just go out and get it before you talk yourself out of it. :wink:
Jeez! that's the problem with turning forty. Your train of thought gets too sensible :cry:

Pete.l