Revolution

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
bonerp

Revolution

Post by bonerp »

How much for fork work and what do you get for this?

Reason I ask is Ive just had a quote from MH Racing as they are very local, and they've quoted approx £370 for ride in ride out respring and revalve, service and set up!

revolution is too far to ride up to from Swindon - thats the problem!!!

Paul
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

£200 gets you:-

springs set to your weight,
oil to suit above,
reworking of standard woeful damping
return postage
and probably a couple of natty revolution stickers

It all depends if you are willing/ able to remove your forks and send them up to him or would prefer the ride-in ride out convenience at a premium

You could also phone Roger anyway and get his opinion of MH racing
He's so busy that he really doesnt mind putting work other peoples way so will give you an honest opinion if he thinks they are any good or will point you in the direction of someone he would recommend
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
bonerp

Post by bonerp »

I know MH are good, thats not the issue. Ive used them a few years ago and mates have used them recently. I just though £370 seemed a bit steep!

Anyone know what Revo's ride in/out service costs in comparison?
kevg

Post by kevg »

ZeroZero should be along soon, he had the ride in service done on his bike the time we all met up in the lakes a couple of years ago now, said it transformed his bike, i think he had the rear shock changed as well for around £800, i'd asume at least £500 was for the shock alone. and when he had trouble with the shock roger drove up to perth over a weekend and changed parts in the shock for him personally.
if you trawl back through Zero's posts you should find out the story and the correct cost.
cheerz

kev
alan

Post by alan »

Im sure Zilverzipper (Dave) had his done just before Mugello trip and he didnt pay anywhere near 350,im sure he will be along to confirm though.
Ggyddn

Post by Ggyddn »

its £280 for the ride in/out service and takes about 5 hours

dave
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:I've used Roger before too... my current storm already had the penske shock on, but i need a bigger spring and a set up.
can't remember exactly how much it needed to lift.. but sure it was only around the ton mark.
I just sooo couldnt resist that... I'm gonna pay for sure at a meet in the future

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

it's yer own fault for making it so glaringly easy and I loves ya really :)
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Max

Post by Max »

Roger will also do the fork's by post if travelling is too far. Mine were just over £200 I think and £500 ish for a penske, but that was a couple of years ago now.
Max

Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

You're in trouble m8 :D
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Max

Post by Max »

Kitch, you are soo bad, I had to read your post twice before getting it PMSL
Max

bonerp

Post by bonerp »

ok at the moment an expensive rebuild is not an option. Ive been reading up on good results which have been achieved by replacing springs and oil. Can anyone let me know what springs to use and the oil weight?
Thankee
Paul
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I'd say don't do it.

Taking suspension to bits and setting it up correctly is a black art of voodoo.

Unless you're strong with the gods, I'd leave it be, save up and get a reputable person to do it.

It's one of those things, I neve do brakes or tyres or strip things that are really complex (like fork internals) as fecking it up is expensive and life threatening.

Just my opinion though...
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
bonerp

Post by bonerp »

I'm quite handy at spanner twirling having rebuilt engines, a motorbike and built a kit car. I've also played with forks before so thats not an issue, however the last pair I did had fluid drain screws....doesn't look like these have!

I'll give anything a go. If I break it, well i'll just have to pay for it to be put right!
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

I was going to have a tootle up to Roger today..but lazy git that i am didn't wake up til 1:00 :oops: ..next day off is Sunday..so i'm not goin til next week...one day i will make it up the A6 lol :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bonerp wrote:I'm quite handy at spanner twirling having rebuilt engines, a motorbike and built a kit car. I've also played with forks before so thats not an issue, however the last pair I did had fluid drain screws....doesn't look like these have!

I'll give anything a go. If I break it, well i'll just have to pay for it to be put right!
You are right, the Storm fork legs don't have drain screws, unfortunately :!: