She won't restart

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Simon 2

She won't restart

Post by Simon 2 »

After numerous problems fitting a set of fairing indicators to the front of my bike, it now fails to start after a run up to normal temperature. By that i mean that when I hit the start button......absolutley nothing. No clicks, nothing.

Checked the connectors on the starter relay which were a little rusty so cleaned them up and thought it ok.

I have discounted the alarm as it appears okay. The relevent thing is that it only happens when the bike has reached temp. it'll start all day long off the key in the garage if its only running in short bursts. Take it for a run and it will not start again until its cooled down.

Is it possible that i blew something else as well as the fuses during the indicator install or is this a red herring do you think?

Everything was fine before i tried fitting them that's for sure.

Any ideas peeps????????
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: She won't restart

Post by sirch345 »

Simon 2 wrote:
I have discounted the alarm as it appears okay.

Any ideas peeps????????
I sounds to me like it's a very good possibility it is your alarm that's causing the problem :!:

Chris.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Check the connection to the starter under the rubber boot on the starter motor.
Rich.

Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

have you checked the rectum frier and checked the alternator is producing enough juice?
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!