Knockhill

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

SILVER ZIPPER

Knockhill

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Fancy doing Knokhill this year, i have a feeling in my water that it won't be raining. :roll: Never got in wrong on the Mugello trip 8)
Anyone going :?: what's the camping like :?: is the beer cheap as it doe's help the sleeping process when camping :lol:
Anyone close by with some floor space that will fit a sleeping bag. :) Thinking of traveling up on the Friday after work if i can get off early enough to make a weekend of it,could be 2200hrs or later before i get thier. Will i be able to get in the circuit to camp at that time of night.
Is there any ritual burning of inferior machine's that don't make it the whole weekend. :lol: See picture's of Mugello 8O
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

As far as I can remember there's NO camping at the circuit. Camp site is about 5 miles down the road with a bus that runs between there and the circuit.

Best contact Knockhill to find out the real setup.
Rich.

RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Incredible feeling of déjà vu....

Or is it there's an echo in here? ... echo in here? .. echo in ... echo .....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously folks, wouldn't mind a dabble, never done a track day bit too afraid of dropping my pride and joy I suppose. Pass through Hamilton every August and see the Knockhill posters everywhere, but BSB's already been and gone.

It's June 29/30 & 1st of July this year.

As for doing a track day there:

http://www.knockhill.com/trackdays/schedule.php

And for newbies like me perhaps:

http://www.knockhill.com/trackdays/new.php

Mate of mine had just nicely run in his brand new SV1000 (with full fairing as Suzuki were throwing them in if you bought a bronze one ... he walked into the shop determined to buy a blue one!!), Also had paid a fortune for hand finished Beowulf cans that faded into or out of bronze.

Anyway, took it down South for a track day, did really well, beat the pants of his mate with a Blade. Then either through tiredness or lack of concentration or both, low sided it on his last circuit of the day!!!!!

Needless to say there was a little bit of chafing!!!!!!!! (No Crash Bobbins!)

Front brake lever, bar end, right indicators F&R, fairing scratched to oblivion leading edge. Brake pedal was just about useable but had been ground to 1/3 it's original width, foot peg nicley ground down. Last but not least, his rather expensive Beowulf can on right had the leading edge ground away not quite all the way through!

Still got photies some where I took in carpark at work to e-mail him and remind him what a numpty he had been - LOL

I'd have wept for weeks if it was '98 Storm, let alone a brand new'ish SV1000.

Lesson learnt? Fit crash bungs and bloody good ones!

So what's it to be? Track day or BSB or both?

I have a date at Ron Haslam race school mid July but that's on his race prepared CBR600's - Damn I'll have to learn about using brakes again!

If I can afford to do Knock Hill as well I'd like to either TD or BSB

Graeme.
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

FirestormMike wrote:when is it ?
B S B last weekend of this month.
Going bowling on Friday night will go early on Saturday.
Never been to knockhill, have you Mike :?:
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Ticket purchased weekend ticket plus camping 8)
Anyone else or will i be Billy no mate's. :( :lol: :lol:
tattie

Knockhill

Post by tattie »

Zipper,
I should be there on Sunday (if I get the beast back together in time) usually leave from Inverg around 10 2 6 and stop off at Aviemore for the first fuel stop, then Ballinluig (more petrol) for around 8ish before the hoards arive for the bacon rolls,then head to the circuit and if there is time fill up again at the Kinross services (to avoid the masses on the return trip).
I usually wander around the various garage areas in between races and head to the hairpin during them. I hope it will be warm and dry as the last 4 weeks up here have been windy and !!cking Baltic.
Went down with a group from up here last year but as of now nobody has mentioned going down yet.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
stuav007

Post by stuav007 »

Yup i will be there, going with a good mate (CBR600 owner) the on to a barbeque with some of the racers (who are saying at my mates) and a few real famous ones at that.....was told the list of who was going last night but can only remember one name....John McGuinness, if i remember more i will post names.
kingster

Post by kingster »

I could be up for that Silver, will decide mid week.

kingster
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

I've looked at the long range weather forecast and it say's scattered shower's :? but i don't believe it, it will be glorious. :lol: :lol: :lol:
C'mon people your a long time dead.
tattie

Scattered Showers

Post by tattie »

"Scattered showers" over the whole northern hemisphere. It is still pi--ing down up here, mind you I think you must have had it a lot worse than us, going by the tv reports. It was only 5 degrees up here last night, had a shower of hailstones this afternoon. It was like being in the middle of a golf driving range, (pretty big they were).
Anyway got the fairing back on tonight and fingers crossed for a break in the clouds for Sat and Sun.

Cheers

A.M.
kevg

Post by kevg »

I might make it, not sure at the mo, will depend on the weather i think, sitting infront of the TV with a beer sounds much better...knockhill is one of the most dismal places on the planet in the wet, lol.

Tattie your mobi number still the same?
Zipper PM me yours and we can maybe meet up if i make it.
cheerz

kev
tattie

Post by tattie »

Kev pm sent
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

It was a bit wet 8O
thumper

Post by thumper »

wet ? you say ?

i looked out for you guys but only bumped into marty in the pits
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
tattie

Post by tattie »

It's all right for the corporate chaps! 8O

Wet was an understatement, my boots are still drying out.
Mind you I enjoyed the day out regardless.

Cheers

A.M.