Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTR_Andy

Post by VTR_Andy »

6 ohms across the wires on each side should do it but you need 50w big ones :)

Maplins seem to only list 3, 7 or 10 watt but they do state "very stable and have an overload capability of ten times the rated power for 5 seconds." so they might be ok.

Purpose made jobs can be found on ebay, search for "Load Resistor" or similar.
alan

Post by alan »

Mike i have some brand new resistors in my garage dont know what wattage they are off top of my head i'll bring them wednesday night your welcome to have em if any good to you.

just thought do the r6 indicators have the same bulbs as your rear vtr indicators only ask as i fitted some front ones on a zxr and the bulbs was different to the rear making it flash quicker or slower cant remember now got all the same bulbs, problem sorted.
VTR_Andy

Post by VTR_Andy »

Yeah that would have the same effect if different watt bulbs were used.
Assumed from your post they were LED.....
Max

Post by Max »

I've just taken the resistors of mine and replaced them with the motrax flasher relay that will allow for any indicators. It came from Halfrauds and cost £20.

http://www.motrax.co.uk/index.php?page_ ... uct_id=510
Max

Ggyddn

Post by Ggyddn »

max does the motrax one plug in or do you have to cut the wires, like on the bandit

thanks
alan

Post by alan »

Dave have you sorted your led rear light ?? i have the motrax one just plugs in or you can get the universal one but you will have to cut the plug of the bike and wire it up yourself.
Ggyddn

Post by Ggyddn »

Hi Alan,

Nope have not sorted it yet, am having probles getting into it as am unable to get the rear plastics of.

The bolts at the front just keep turning, they get loose but thats it, and now will not fasten... need to get it off so i can put the fashit kit on and also get into the light easyer....

Any ideas will be much apprechiated

Thanks

Dave
alan

Post by alan »

I sent you a pm last week but i have been having internet probs for ages finaly got it sorted today so maybe you dint get it.

i'll go back in garage as i have forgot what colours go where.

can you grab hold off the bolts with longnose pliers and as you turn them pull at the same time dont know off any otherway to get them out unless you can slip a hacksaw down the back and cut them.
alan

Post by alan »

Dave pm sent of wiring
Max

Post by Max »

Ggyddn wrote:max does the motrax one plug in or do you have to cut the wires, like on the bandit

thanks
just plugs straight in, sorry didnt reply sooner
Max