I fugging hate bikes....

General Bike chat
Zakalwe

I fugging hate bikes....

Post by Zakalwe »

...when they go wrong :evil:. I went out for a quick blast on Sunday evening, and the bugger died in the middle of Lancaster...just switched off, no lights, dashboard etc. I had no tools, so I had to wait for the RAC (thank God for eBike insurance and free recovery). When the guy got to me, we started to strip it down... main fuse as expected. Put a new one in and it promptly blew again. OK, rear cowl off, tank off, jiggle some wires around and it seemed to work...enough to get me home

I spent Monday fiddling about with it, and thought I had it sorted. Went out for a spin, only to have to bast*rd cut out again, leaving me with a 1 mile push home in the p1ss1ng rain. I was at it until 1AM on Monday night (sad git)....found a wire chaffing against the coil mounting bracket (fairings off, seat cowl off, nose fairing off, tank off, radiator off, airbox off :x :x )

Fixed it all up, went fer a blast up into the Lakes..all running fine.....only the mounting bracket on the mid-pipe decided to fracture, ripping a hole in the linkpipe (I wondered why it was gradually getting louder...I though a baffle had dropped out).

...I fugging hate bikes.....
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
alan

Post by alan »

You could always go back to cars but look how boring that would be :lol:
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

my chain snapped last night and destroyed the sprocet cover and clutch pushrod

ive had nothing but bad luck with it

ive had to leave it in the middle of a dodgy town so i hope its there when i get back to it
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

KarlosVTR wrote:my chain snapped last night and destroyed the sprocet cover and clutch pushrod

ive had to leave it in the middle of a dodgy town so i hope its there when i get back to it
jeez.....100 times worse than my problem.....Was the chain kanckered before it let go?
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

alan wrote:You could always go back to cars but look how boring that would be :lol:
Wash your mouth out with soap......the Merc is a tool for shopping/working....the bike is all pleasure (except for when the fricking thing is giving me gip!)
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

its ripped all the mountings off the engine. the chain was nearly new 1000miles worth but with a really really dodgy rivet link

jb weld will sort it :D
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

OHH NOO my chain has nearly 20k on it and is making some lovely clunking noises when I pull away up to about 15-20mph could be timeI forked out on a new one and sprockets....Damm I hate wasting beer tokens :cry: :evil:
waspy

Post by waspy »

I got to agree with you on the wastage of beer tokens but when it's for me bike then it's not a waste
It's a bad idea to take a sleeping pill & a laxative at the same time !!
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

KarlosVTR wrote:my chain snapped last night and destroyed the sprocet cover and clutch pushrod

You were lucky it didn't take half your leg with Karlos!
Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? Did you know the link was dodgy?
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

it was my bad.

all my fault.

i felt the chain brush my leg as it went by
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Well at least you are ok! I wonder are there any shaft-drive mods for the VTR :D :D
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

i would still contact the chain manufacturer carlos, and try my luck for a new one regardless. Veetyr
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!