Bigger VTR Tank - Much difference

General Bike chat
pmcq

Bigger VTR Tank - Much difference

Post by pmcq »

For you guys who have the newer Storm (>2001 I think), just wondering what kind of mileage you get from the 19 litre tank... I suppose I could calculate but good to hear from the horses mouth :)
kevg

Post by kevg »

Not much more from mine, if i'm on the motorway the RLOD...or on mine the wee winky bit on the fual guage comes on about 100 - 120 miles and i've managed about 135 and its still kept going, though not sure how much further i'd get. not run it dry before or gone on any long runs for a while though.
cheerz

kev
Davey

Post by Davey »

Can't see much difference in mine either. Mind you, the pipes might be affecting things so will see once it's eventually jetted.

In all honesty I can't see any improvement in the F2 over the FV I had before. The speedo's harder to read and you have to drain the tank to remove it. The forks seem slightly better, but that might be 'cos I'm slowing down with age.....
kevg

Post by kevg »

i sit the tank upright in between the frame rails once the seat is off... :oops: :oops: without disconnecting the hoses, couldn't see a stop valve or figure out how to remove it without one...lol.

not the safest thing to do i know but not found an alternative.
cheerz

kev