Pyramid Hugger or not??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Radiator

Pyramid Hugger or not??

Post by Radiator »

Afternoon all

Would anybody know :oops: ,are Pyramid Plastics huggers plastic or.....glass fibre? Just bought what I think is a PP one, but it's clearly got glass fibres on the underside :oops: :oops:

Peter
The old Northern man looking for that thing I lost years ago .From Leeds West Yorks.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Think they are normally GRP
Glass reinforced plastic

Yep, just checked their website
Pyramid huggers are bike-specific to ensure a perfect fit, and are made in a range of materials including ABS plastic, glass-reinforced plastic and carbon fibre
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
grinner

Post by grinner »

The pyramid version is just ABS plastic. You'd have to specify the NWS type (which they hold the patterns for now) to ensure you get the GRP type.
Radiator

Post by Radiator »

Thanks Stormin Ben,I'll have a look at the webby too 8O 8O .

Grinner,what's NWS mean ? And is GRP better quality?

Peter
The old Northern man looking for that thing I lost years ago .From Leeds West Yorks.
kevg

Post by kevg »

NWS is another make i think, i had one of thier Ghost ones on my storm for a while, pyramid must make them also....maybe.
cheerz

kev
grinner

Post by grinner »

NWS was an engineering company who moved from hugger production to other things. Pyramid bought all the equipment to continue making their huggers.

And yes, GRP is far better, less flexible than ABS, but always seems to work better on a bike.
Also the NWS ones seem to fit a treat as well.
Kev is right, the ghost huggers are cool. I've got one on my 9 and it looks the bo££ocks! Like carbon but with metal weave instead.