Honourable Retirement.

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Honourable Retirement.

Post by MacV2 »

Hi folks, just over a year ago I purchased me Storm, trading in a tired old Dominator. I was on the brink of moving house & was going from a 12mile, traffic light infested, 15 min (depending on how many reds I caught!) urban run, to a 36 mile country lane & A road hoon. The Dommie was ok for the short run but bloody uncomfortable on long runs & A's & M's.

I love the Storm! New boots transformed the ride, a rather squared off D207 being the culprit. I've kept it standard so far just a DB & bar risers. Apart from the odd day in the car, the one day it snowed & a week of fog I used it every day rain or shine on the work run. No problems except the occasional muppet driver not quite awake at 5.30am!

Yesterday I finnished work & left for the blast home for the last time. The Storms commuting days are over, On monday I start a new job & the company van (& yes it is white) has already been delivered!

No more commuting, no more alarms at silly o'clock in the morning & no more petrol stops every othe day!

So the Storm will now go into an honourable semi retirement, only comming out for rides for pleasure & fun. It may even get some proper TLC! I feel a set of cans are on the way!

Mac. :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

He He Hee :twisted:
You'll soon get bored :D
Wait 'til you have a few warm evenings and you're sweating your cobs off in the van. you'll be saying to yourself "whish I had me bike :( "

Mind you, you'll love the winter..."Brrr my fingers are a bit cold. I know, lets turn the heater up" :lol:

Pete.l
P.S good luck in the new job