are CCT's sorted on 02 storms? (bigger tank , clocks etc)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
gazbut

are CCT's sorted on 02 storms? (bigger tank , clocks etc)

Post by gazbut »

hi all
i've just put a deposit on an 02 storm, later model with larger tank etc.
its done 3800miles
can any one tell me if honda sorted the CCT's on this model update?
any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
gazbut :)
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Different version of the painted spot on the CCT casing but I think they are all the same!

Have fun and enjoy the new machine!!!!! :D
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
gazbut

Post by gazbut »

thanks lotussevenman
would you say this is worth getting paranoid over?
or is it just something to listen out for? that can happen anytime?
thanks again
gazbut
Bonart

Post by Bonart »

Gazbut, I bought a 03 storm 12 months ago with the same mileage as yours. I've added another 8,000 miles and have had no problems. All i've done to mine is replace the battery, change the oil & filter and the spark plugs at 8000 miles. I use it every day during the week to commute and weekends out with friends. It still starts every morning on the button and is very reliable compared to the SV650 I used to own.
So. My message here is, stop worrying about it and get riding it :D
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Bonart is right.
If you're that worried then get APE fixed tensioners for about fifty quid from the US of A and problem solved.
Don't let this perceived 'problem' put you off getting a fantastic machine!!!!! :D
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Seems to be a bit luck of the draw really.

The original models had CCTs with no spots, then white spots then orange spots as Honda updated them slightly.

Yours should have orange ones already, so have the most up to date ones.

Mechanic guy told me his Honda factory parts guy was telling him how he's had fails from as little as 4000 miles and as much as over 25000.

It definitely needs sorting and I really dont know why Honda didnt change to non spring ones.

I've just ordered some APE ones direct from the USA (see the APE thread in workshop)

Mine had new ones 5000 miles ago and with stronger springs the front one has still started to go. So, sod it, my advice from now on will always be...

Get APE tensioners. For such a brilliant bike, dont be put off by this, just like Mille rear brakes and Fazer fuel injection, most bikes have something that really benefits from an aftermarket bit.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Or if you want to do it yourself VERY cheaply and get the same result do this!!!

Image :D
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

LotusSevenMan wrote:Or if you want to do it yourself VERY cheaply and get the same result do this!!!

Image :D
Chris, are you using these currantly? how do they fair against the APE's? Ive got to change mine this month and wondering if this is a viable option or weather i should just stick with the APE's and the big hole in my student pocket?
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!