Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Sorry folks, I'm not going to make it this time.

My eldest sons birthday - which I forgot about :oops:

Wife has declared three line whip :evil:

Hope the weather holds for you.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
jcdj

Post by jcdj »

Hi guys not been here for a while, but I am back (not that anyone noticed) I am DJing in Blackpool saturday night and I am sure its not that far from there, I am riding up from London to Cambridge to work there then Cambridge to Blackpool would be nice to meet up with fellow storm owners, anyone going from that way ?
I love my storm and I really dont want another bike what am I going to do
lee67

Post by lee67 »

hi blackpool is about 85 miles from were the northern group are meeting...( see below) if u come along m62 onto m1..get off at junction 37, head towards manchester...were meeting at hoylandswaine roundabout where the a628 intersects the a629...for 8.45am...your welcome to tag along if u can find there m8 :wink:
alan

Post by alan »

SILVER ZIPPER wrote:Anyone staying over on Saturday night,meet in Fishpond's pub and go for a curry 8)
Anyone bringing thier bird with them Ange is hoping for some company that do'snt just talk about bike's. :?
Dave dont think Sue will be going :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan ........Wooley Edge 8.00- 8.30 ish only if its not raining :lol:
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

ill be there :D errrr mike ...copy & paste 8O :?: me & computers don't get on :lol:
lee67

Post by lee67 »

FirestormMike. Woolley Edge 8-8:30 am
Alan & Bob Woolley Edge 8-8:30 am
lee & sue...hoylandswaine roundabout 8.45am
chris & wendy .....
rob and mandy.....
ian and vicky......
mark...
phil....
gordon.....thats my lot
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

chris & wendy .....
rob and mandy.....
ian and vicky......
mark...
phil....
gordon.....thats my lot
John now included! Chocks away!!! :D
waspy

Post by waspy »

so an early morning sunday it is at hoyland swaine roundabout, is there a petrol station near there ? just so I can set off with a full tank, you all know how bad a storms tank range is :?
It's a bad idea to take a sleeping pill & a laxative at the same time !!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

chris & wendy .....
rob and mandy.....
ian and vicky......
mark...
phil....
gordon.....thats my lot
John now included! Chocks away!!! :D
Kitch. Lancashire 8am onwards.

jcdc:

Matlock is about an hour's ride away from me. From Blackpool, you want M55 east - M6 south - round the M60 at Manchester and jump on the A6 off the M60 at Stockport, junction 1 (go M60 north, east, south rather than west, south) A6 goes straight to Matlock, dead easy. About 2 hours total.

There's a nicer non-motorway route through Glossop, over Snake Pass (A57) and down the A38 towards Derby when you come off the M60 if you prefer.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

waspy wrote:so an early morning sunday it is at hoyland swaine roundabout, is there a petrol station near there ? just so I can set off with a full tank, you all know how bad a storms tank range is :?
Theres a petrol station about 2 mins away!

I'll be making sure im topped up too! Bloody silly tank range :roll:
waspy

Post by waspy »

SOUND !!!!!
It's a bad idea to take a sleeping pill & a laxative at the same time !!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

yep petrol station at bottom of hill after roundabout...or just before hill,,,but i,ll be stopping at penistone one just after we all meet.. :wink:
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Hopefully you all made it to this one and got home ok?

I set off at 8am expecting, stupidly the temp to increase so didn't bother with anything more than a t-shirt under my HG touring jacket. Didn't bother sticking an extra layer in my rucksack as I was in a rush and it looked like it would be a nice day (to be honest I was half expecting to have to remove the thermal liner in me jacket at some point hence the rucksack!

After 10 miles on the m6 my hands were numb. Got to pops services just over the thelwall and stopped for fuel and warmed me gloves up. Through Knutsford and started making silly mistakes by the time I got to macclesfield, along with just bimbling along behind cars who I would normally have passed. Still expecting the temp to rise soon. Can't stay this cold for long can it?

Through macc and over the cat & fiddle. Had a classic car (being driven spiritedly) catch me up and I couldn't be arsed riding any quicker so let him past (very out of character for me!). Got over the other side and headed to buxton to see if I could find a shop to buy a couple of extra layers but nowhere was open. Got another 5 miles down the A6 from buxton before calling it a day and turning back, I was so freezing I feel cold just thinkin about it!

Stopped at morrisons cafe at buxton and had a brekky and coffee to warm me up, almost got punted off leaving the place by some woman who steamed onto the r/bout assuming I'd go straight on. Stopped at the bike shop on the long road into macclesfield and bought a windproof layer which made all the difference. Bimbled home and spent the next couple of hours trying to warm back up again.

Sorry I couldn't make it chaps, hope everyone who went had a good time, I just made the mistake of choosing the wrong kit/clothing for the day... :(
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

you big girl....

I was out in leathers and summer gloves.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Cheers for that. :)