Would this be suitable (worth a bid)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Beamish

Would this be suitable (worth a bid)

Post by Beamish »

Would this be any good , although different part nos I have heard the Rect with cooling fins are worth having
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Original-Re ... dZViewItem
Last edited by Beamish on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

What he said,

But, I wouldn't pay more than £15 inc postage cos you can get R1 or R6 R/R from autojumbles ie Rufforth / Newark for £10-£15 and it's a simple mod to change.

Regulator/Rectifier Mod

IMO don't put another Honda one on - unreliable, although one with heatsink is going to fair better cos of cooling effect.

Alternatively if your stock one is OK, got to Maplins or RS components or similar, buy:
  • Small piece of heatsink (or take one off an old PC processor).
    Tube or sachet of heatsink compound (white paste).

Cut the heatsink to fit around the shape of the R/R (metal surround).
    Drill two holes through to match the R/R ones.
    Blather the base of the heatsink in compound so it fills the void.
    Screw assembly back in place.
    (PC heatsinks are VERY efficient)
Robert's your Fathers' Brother

HTH

Graeme.

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Will look into PC heatsink mod, got a few lying around.....looks like once you piont out a good item on this site the price on ebay rockets (funnily enough :roll: )
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Beamish wrote:.....looks like once you piont out a good item on this site the price on ebay rockets (funnily enough :roll: )
You got it in one :lol:
dookie

Post by dookie »

I fitted an R1 one about 2 years ago and its been brilliant and it cost £12 , and you can carry the pants honda one as a spare anyway.
There was a time i used to care