Help, please. Givi Monorack or Monokey?

General Bike chat
xenophon

Help, please. Givi Monorack or Monokey?

Post by xenophon »

I have a Givi box and top plate that I want to fit to my winter bike - a Kawa GT550. The plate won't fit straight onto the rack that's on the bike, so, presumably, I need a universal fitting. However, I can't tell if I've got a monokey or a monolock system (apparently different). My box lid can be unlocked and the whole box removed from the plate using the same key. The box locates onto two lugs at the front of the plate and is secured onto another single lug at the rear. Any ideas which this is?
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Can you not just cable tie the Givi mounting plate onto the existing rack?
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
grinner

Post by grinner »

Sounds like you've got a Monokey system, male connector on box= monolock. Male connectors on rack= monokey.
E250 plate should do it.
xenophon

Post by xenophon »

Stormin Ben wrote:Can you not just cable tie the Givi mounting plate onto the existing rack?
That's a possibility that I need to consider in daylight! There may be too much possibility of forward/backward movement, but I'll see.
xenophon

Post by xenophon »

grinner wrote:Sounds like you've got a Monokey system, male connector on box= monolock. Male connectors on rack= monokey.
E250 plate should do it.
I thought this, too, but I have been struck down with a flu/stomach bug thing that's doing the rounds and I didn't trust my own judgement. Thanks!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

yep its monokey'.....i had same on my bandit :wink: