Licence Goneski

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Licence Goneski

Post by VTRgirl »

Well, it's official. It seems I have "accumulated 8 demerit points whilst on good behaviour" and as such must suffer a six month suspension.

Oooops...

Gotta love the "Special Hardship" clause... Naturally, not having my licence will "seriously effect my ability to earn a living", ergo an application shall be filed once my suspension begins (4th Jan). Here's to a speedy court form processing time... yeah, right :roll:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

8 is a ban? 8O seems a bit harsh! Are the dibblys quite strict on speeding over in the sunny place?
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8O Thats not good VTRgirl :!: Lets hope the "Special Hardship" clause can come into play,

Chris.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

good luck getting that lifted, hope it goes well!

at least its during the winter months! :D
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Squiffythewombat wrote:good luck getting that lifted, hope it goes well!

at least its during the winter months! :D
Not out there it's summer :!:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Winter, schminter! Summer started 1st December.

Beamish, I was already on "good behaviour". Over here, if you accumulate your 12 demerit points within four years, you can choose between a 3 month suspension or a 12 month good behaviour period (basically, 12 months without a fine). But yes, the slate is wiped clean afterwards. My good behaviour period would've finished 8th Feb, so I didn't quite make it. The gamble is that if you do stuff up whilst on good behaviour, you get double the suspension. I've never been an overly productive gambler...

The "good behaviour period" is only an option if you've lost your points gradually. If you get done for DD or excessive speeding (40k over, or 30 in some states), then it's an automatic suspension.

I shouldn't have any trouble with the Hardship thingie since I'm female, live on my own & work mainly night duty, often not starting until 10:45pm, ie, well after dark. Plus I'm only in a small city (pop. about 120,000) & the public transport is crap. Being a nurse probably won't hurt either. I'm not sure if I'll go back to zero demerits afterwards though :?

Worst thing is, my fella just got got again, which'll be his 12 points gone too! Nothing like a nice push-bike ride with your sweetheart, eh? :roll:

We used to get only 9 points, but they vanished after a year. It was doable, but the system's near impossible now for the average rider to keep their licence.

I think this'll be Incy's 5th suspension...
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Do you know? I have just realised that i have no idea what you look like. I can associate most people with their photos from the gathering last year (that i didnt go to cos i was in Iraq) but i have read hundreds of your posts but i have no idea what you look like. I am not a perv (at least not in that sense) but post a pic of you and your storm so we know what you look like. :D
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Timbo wrote:
mellis wrote:Do you know? I have just realised that i have no idea what you look like. I can associate most people with their photos from the gathering last year (that i didnt go to cos i was in Iraq) but i have read hundreds of your posts but i have no idea what you look like. I am not a perv (at least not in that sense) but post a pic of you and your storm so we know what you look like. :D
We will hold a vote on something to send you to wear in the photo :) Something tasteful of course :)
Clothes are overated....... 8O
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
solorider

Post by solorider »

Timbo wrote:
mellis wrote:Do you know? I have just realised that i have no idea what you look like. I can associate most people with their photos from the gathering last year (that i didnt go to cos i was in Iraq) but i have read hundreds of your posts but i have no idea what you look like. I am not a perv (at least not in that sense) but post a pic of you and your storm so we know what you look like. :D
We will hold a vote on something to send you to wear in the photo :) Something tasteful of course :)
a pic in your nurses uniform?
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I'm afraid the ol' nursing uniform ain't what it used to be... (although I do have a stereotypical one tucked away for special occasions... :wink: )

But if you do know your fellow Stormers as well as you think, you'll be able to use your amazing powers of deductive elimination to see what I look like!

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1703148831

Merry Christmas everyone! :D
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Forever etched on my mind 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

:lol:
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

mellis wrote:Forever etched on my mind 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

:lol:
That oughta learn ya! :P
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Sorry to hear about your license woes. Hope the grovelling goes well re. single nurse etc etc.

Well, it took a bit of Honda FireStorm site searching, but I eventually found you VTRGirl here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rabkc5kW2s

8O
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Close, but I'm a brunette... :P
Tripod

Its not all bad

Post by Tripod »

Hey Cecily maybe you can give the bike a clean now :D