Stainless engine bolt kit

General Bike chat
t00lkit

Stainless engine bolt kit

Post by t00lkit »

Anyone fitted their 'storm with a set of these?

Would they look sh1t-hot, or just shite?

Any advise, pictures would be appreciated. Presumabley (can't spell that word) the bolts are set at specific torques, and therefore the originals could be difficult to take out?

Toughts/advise please
W@zzA

Post by W@zzA »

No e before the y :!:

Havn't seen a set fitted yet, its not a bad idea as they don't corrode on the outside but they will still react with alluminium so use some copper grease if you fit some :idea: Dont bother getting them off eBay as I've seen them go between £10-15 and they only cost £9.95 to buy from Aerotech give them a call on 01386 849060 ask for a catalogue loads of good stuff :!:

Warren.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Fitted a set to mine, I must say that they do look alot better than the standard "black bolts". I'll try and get some photo's for you to show the difference, for a tenner or so they are worth it.

I also have changed most of the visable nuts and bolts to stainless this winter, handy having a next door neighbour who is a fitter in a food factory and has a ready supply FOC as it where :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Toolkit,

I have posted a photo on the cunning stunts section of the photo gallery showing the stainless bolts.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
t00lkit

Pic's

Post by t00lkit »

Iggy

Thanks for posting the picture, they do look better than the standard black. Did you fit these, or were they already in? If you did, was it a doddle or did the old ones take some getting out, I guess that they are all loctite'd in? I don't want to end up with half in and half out, with the other half rounded off (that's 3 halves!).

Wazza, you were right they went for over £10 + p&p on e-bay.
Thanks for the info on Areotech, i'll ring for a catalog.

Thanks for the help chaps.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Toolkit,

They were a doddle to fit, the original's are'nt loctited in so they just come out quite easily. It took me about half an hour to do them all with no fuss or bother.

cheers
Ian