What a Noise!

General Bike chat
Beamish

What a Noise!

Post by Beamish »

After stopping for a warm up today I noticed this Beemer (an 07 BMW R1200s) with twin pipes coming from under the seat, QD system the sticker said, it had single sided swing arm, Nitrox rear shock and all the usual BMW extras. Not sure about the looks but v sporty riding position. With the shaft drive and the wierd Beemer forks (no seals to worry about) I thought it might make an excellent winter ride. Anyhoo I followed it home for about 35 miles (not stalking 8O just happened to be riding the same way) the sound was amazing.....like a crackle......sort of gixer thou with Yoshi but twin!
Anyway he couldnt leave me on the straights so can only assume he was packing about 115bhp and the road was far too slippery for serious cornering.
Just thought I would share my exp. :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
vtrkarl

Post by vtrkarl »

Its horrid...like an ugly trx
yes dear...its yellow
Drac

Post by Drac »

I like the front end, the back looks like a bodged job though, unfinished.

Single sided allways looks cool but the wheel looks a bit lost in the huge gap, maybe a hugger would close it up a bit.

Do BMW make sliders or bobbins for those pots-)
lee67

Post by lee67 »

i love em.allways have, tis my dream bike :)
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I traded in my storm for the r1100s, great bike to ride, i can't say I notice the funny front end.

BMW do little guards for the pots look flimsy but they work as i managed to drop mine in Filey the other week, felt a right pratt.

Gavin
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Timbo wrote:Saw one at the bike show this year, and for a BMW i thought it looked pretty ok really, what do you lot think?

Yep thats the one but it had lots of Mods and sounded unbelievable.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I took a couple of pic's of the BMW R1200S at one of our local bike meetings back in the summer of last year, here they are:-

This bike sounded pretty good (read as loud :wink: ) with the Remus system.

Chris.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

A good friend of mine (who used to own my VTR) now has this BMW Boxer Cup Racer. It now sports the registration '80X CP' which ain't bad (but I prefer mine :D )
It does sound nice with those underseat units!!!!

Last edited by LotusSevenMan on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

as i said the dogs bollock's 8) ..i,ll have one by time im 50! :D