View from the window this morning

General Biker Banter
kevg

Post by kevg »

Lol, he can probably see you floating by his house...i work for TIS in aberdeen, we manufacture reelers amd hydraulic equipment, BOP's, sheaves etc, let me know if you come across any of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheerz

kev
tattie

Post by tattie »

Not in Oil Gavin,
A joiner to trade, just that I live on the shores of the Cromarty Firth, been watching semis, jackets and jack ups passing for 25 years now. Mind you last year was the quietest since they started, we had a while last year for the first time in 20 odd years with not a rig in the firth.
It was quite a sight when you used to go up Nigg hill as the sun was setting, to see 10-15 rigs moored in the firth.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Hi Tattie

Had the pleasure of taking a few rigss in and out of Cromarty Firth, go up there occaisionally to see a mate who is a Pilot in Invergordon.

Not many rigs now as the oil companies are not laying them up for the winter, and taking the hit with the weather when they can't work, I think that a few had problems manning up after any break as they used to lay most people off. Also the price of oil is a good incentive to keep working, not that I'm complaining as it is keeping me in work.

Gavin
tattie

Post by tattie »

We have just the 1 rig in the firth just now, the Borgholm Dolphin they were taking the derrick and cranes off it in the run up to Christmas. It is berthed in the Queens dock at the bottom of the high street (sounds strange that) :lol:
I was tempted to head off in the rig work direction years ago, but I prefer to get home from work most nights.
Many years ago when the Ocean Alliance came up here for fitting out I got the job of making the hardwood plaque / backing, for the name plate which I would like to think is still on board her to this day :D :D

Cheers

A.M.

ps The next time you are in the firth pm me and i will get the 10 x 50s out and see if i can spot you :lol:
Common sense ain't all that common!