And the verdict is???????????

General Bike chat
dynamite

And the verdict is???????????

Post by dynamite »

Well i was in court Monday for speeding (i told some people at the gathing of storms but if u dont no i was doing 113mph in a 70mph) and i got away quite lightly! I got a 42day ban and a £285 fine, thankfully no re-test (which i thought i would as ive had my licence less than 2 years)!!!So march 8th im back on the road! :D

Matt
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul!
Don Denmark

Post by Don Denmark »

Great time to get banned :D imagine if it was in the summer?? :x
speedfreek

WOT

Post by speedfreek »

You guys need to come to Texas. I routinely hit 160-170+
on my Blackbird in the hill country..

WOOOHOOOO!
:D TJ :D
Life has a 100% mortality rate, and there ain't no cure.. LIVE IT UP! ... and yes, I'm 100% red blooded American infidel!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Dynamite.
:lol: You lucky.lucky,lucky Man :lol:

Just one qustion...Why were you going so slow :wink:

Pete.l

Insurance? Whats that?
marktheimmortal

what would you get for...

Post by marktheimmortal »

i wonder the judgement would be for 160mph? :wink:
Jasong70

don't forget

Post by Jasong70 »

He is in Texas,

There is no judgement... they will string you up on the side of the road right then and there.
marktheimmortal

not quite what i meant

Post by marktheimmortal »

i meant over here in england.

i know two guys got 3 months in jail for 140 something miles per hour on the motorway. i wonder what you'd get for 160 on a dual carriageway. :twisted:
welshy

Post by welshy »

Dynamite.

Hey thats not too bad mate. Did you have a solicitor? Advice to anyone going to court.....'Get a good solicitor'. I was caught doing 120 in a 70 (Dual Carriageway) and doing a wheelie (not at 120!) up the slip road. At court my solicitor argued the speed down to 105 becuase the car didn't have a calibrated speedo and got the prosecutor to drop the wheelie bit as the officer said he was directly behind me about 200 yards away when he saw the wheelie and then said the front wheel was approx. 45° to the road (More like 65°!!!). Solictor questioned how the hell he could estimate this when he was directly behind me.....result!

Outcome 7 day ban and £75 fine! And that was in January as well!

I was amazed to hear the guidelines for lenghts of bans for speeding in a 70 in Devon (Dunno if the same all over the country) was 7 days for 100-105, 14 days for 106-110, 21 days for 111-115 and 28 days for 116 - 120! Above 120 and your looking at Dangerous Driving.....this is when the bans get silly.

So, get a solicitor, keep the charge to Speeding at all costs and avoid getting it upped to DD.
Welshy :-)
Bikeless :-(
dynamite

and the verdict is

Post by dynamite »

i was going so slow as i was riding an sv650 at the time i got caught!and welshy i never had a solicitor i just begged, the guide lines in newport (where i got caught) is 112mph-115mph = 42 day ban so i got wot the book said.but never mind i dont wanna ride in all this fooking snow!!!!!

If u got caught doing 160 here u'd be locked up those bikers that got caught doing 157mph and 148mph got locked up for a week and a year ban!so u'd break the record for top speed caught in this country do u'd get loadsa press coverage!

Ride safe
matt
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It's time to start running countermeasures. I have been using the V1 since last summer, and it's saved me some unwanted encounters with the powers that be.
Swifty

Post by Swifty »

VtwinVince wrote:It's time to start running countermeasures. I have been using the V1 since last summer, and it's saved me some unwanted encounters with the powers that be.
Oh yes! You can find some sweet deals on detectors at Ebay! I bought a $200 Whistler for my car for a shocking $75 after shipping! Can't beat dat wit a bat.

Need to find a way to get that sucka on da bike where it NEEDS to be! :twisted:

:edit...no I don't work for Ebay :) :
· Shaun
· 98 'Hawk
Trip Trip Nanny!!