Another one got its MOT sorted this morning

General Bike chat
LotusSevenMan

Another one got its MOT sorted this morning

Post by LotusSevenMan »

My bike has been off the road due lack of funds since September '07. Locked away in my secure-a-bike garage with no tax, or insurance (but MOT'd up 'till March 5th 08). :(
Well it was insured as of midnight last night and passed it's new MOT with flying colours today inc. with my genuine Honda 'modified' cans so "Whey Hey"!!!!
He commented on how clean the bike was 'inside' meaning the fairings etc and wasn't very long checking it all out.
Having fitted new pads to the rear (WeMoto sintered ones) and only having done about three miles in total on them (and not having them applied much) I wasn't sure what they'd be like. Interesting to see the rear of the bike squat with the pressure applied on the rollers etc. No problem. Great!!!! :D
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

tis such a good feeling aint it haha...been using wemoto for many mnay years 1st class service, and there stuff works a treat..esp there £8 pads :wink:
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

well done chris, thats great news! Mines going to be done some point this week too, we should hook up for a ride at some point!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well done Chris (LSM) :!: It's always a nice feeling once you've got that out of the way for another year :D

Chris.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Squiff.
The Saturday Boyz Club normally meet once the weather is better around about 8-8.30am at the bottom of Charing Hill, Kent or sometimes on the overhead motorway bridge at the Faversham turnoff. In fact you met one of the gang, Matt (my VTR's previous owner), when he collected the copper jug. There is also John who was the first owner of that bike so it really hasn't moved 'out of the group'!!!
You'd be welcome I'm sure. There is a Honda Transalp 650, a Yamaha MT01, GS1200, Matt's Boxer Cup 1150 and sometimes others too. We normally ride the back roads then get a cooked breakfast at Deal or the airport cafe, Lympne etc. Longer days we'll do that + ride again pm to say, Manston and grab a coffee/icecream.

"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
tony.mon

room for one more?

Post by tony.mon »

I'd be up for a ride-out, if it's open.
Post times/place and I'll see you there.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.