Pictures post Sharkskinz fit.

General Bike chat
Beamish

Pictures post Sharkskinz fit.

Post by Beamish »

Well, overall I am pretty happy with the result. Although the pan looked an exact colour match off the bike there must have been some age fading or a different batch of Honda paint. It is a deeper orange colour IMO. The fairing follows the lines well and is one of the best, again only my opinion. Need some advice, there is a lot of plastic down there and I think a Honda transfer or VTR sticker may enhance the finished product.
Would do you think? Stickers (only one or two though) or no stickers? and if stickers which ones.

I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Timbo wrote:What the hell are you doing up at this time on Sunday, did you piss the bed or summat? :)

Seriously though, that is a stunning looking belly pan mate, colour looks fine on photos but photos lie, i look 12 stone on photos but weigh 20 :)

Get the t-cut out, if there is some fading on the original paint, that may sort it out, but dont touch the stickers :roll:
I am about to go out for a longish ride hence the time, I could not t-cut the original paintwork (it is stunning) No stickers!
Hmmmnn will await the jurys final decision. Thanks Timbo 8)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
patty

Post by patty »

beamish,
put some club stickers on the belly pan,
thats what i did with mine,one each side.

pat.
yellow all the way...
who needs 4 cylinders when 2 are this good!!

storm no more...rsv power now.
(along with 85cc of honda finest)
Drac

Post by Drac »

looks the dogs danglies mate
Norton500

Post by Norton500 »

Fit looks superb. You beat me to that one!

Personally, I look the way Kitch had the 'HONDA' signed on his...
It's all a big joke until you have somebody's eye out...
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

That is the only problem with having a fairing that actually meets up with the original. I have to say that would annoy the hell out of me with that slight mismatch. I guess that's where (aren't I being a clever bu**er sour puss, sorry) I would have had/now would spray a black (or maybe silver to match the frame) band as a sort of 'no mans land' at the point of contact. That way it breaks the eye's direct match contact.

Other than that slight hiccup I think these are the best fairing I have seen shape wise.
Don't listen to me. Just enjoy eh? :wink:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

patty wrote:beamish,
put some club stickers on the belly pan,
thats what i did with mine,one each side.

pat.
Pictures mate? Would like to see where you put them.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Norton500 wrote:Fit looks superb. You beat me to that one!

Personally, I look the way Kitch had the 'HONDA' signed on his...
Yeh its a possibility,I thought that looked pretty good as well
patty

Post by patty »

beamish,

stuck some pics in the gallery
1 on the belly pan,and 1 on the rear seat unit,
its dark outside now so i took these quickly in the shed,
i will take some better ones in the garden 2morrow if you want???

pat.
yellow all the way...
who needs 4 cylinders when 2 are this good!!

storm no more...rsv power now.
(along with 85cc of honda finest)
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

patty wrote:beamish,

stuck some pics in the gallery
1 on the belly pan,and 1 on the rear seat unit,
its dark outside now so i took these quickly in the shed,
i will take some better ones in the garden 2morrow if you want???

pat.
That could work, thanks for the Pics Patty.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Beamish 8) 8)

Good to see the pic's :D

Chris.
simon t

Post by simon t »

Stickers? I've got a couple spare - black lettering about 3" high and about 15" long. Says "SUZUKI".

Any good? :lol:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

simon t wrote:Stickers? I've got a couple spare - black lettering about 3" high and about 15" long. Says "SUZUKI".

Any good? :lol:
Would be original but er.....no :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Some clear fablon stuck on the front tip of the fairing just behind the front wheel might be a good idea.
You'll be amazed how quick your new paint job can get sand blasted off by what flicks off the front wheel.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Pete.L wrote:Some clear fablon stuck on the front tip of the fairing just behind the front wheel might be a good idea.
You'll be amazed how quick your new paint job can get sand blasted off by what flicks off the front wheel.

Pete.l
Funny you should say that as I found one chip out of it already and was going to cover it with something we use at work. Good tip Pete