Indicators

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
clack

Indicators

Post by clack »

Following a near miss from a driver who was kind enough to drive off before I could get his number plate my pristine 02 'storm is now looking decidedly less than mint.

I've ordered a new front indicator from wemoto, (very quick delivery) but its different to the existing ones, looking remarkably like a fireblade flasher.

Looking at the microfiche link they look like the indicators I have received.

Thus I am faced with the following question, was their a change in parts on the 02 model, have I receievd the wrong part or as I'm beginning to suspect, does my bike have non standard indicators fitted currently?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Oh and if anyone knows a decent shop in Enfield/south Herts where I should get my MOT done I'd be much obliged.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

02 on bikes were fitted with slightly smaller better looking modern indi's...your 02 is probs an 01 preregged hence the old style indi's...has your bike got digi clocks?
clack

Post by clack »

Sorry I wasn't making myself clear. The bike has the smaller indicators, wemoto have sent me the bigger one. looking at the picks on their site, they show the same indicator for 03/04 models which is slightly worrying.

Thank you.

I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

buy 4 :lol:
lee67

Post by lee67 »

yeah, like i say vtr's had 2 types of indis..mk1 type and later mk2 type, so youve actually got mk2 style( new shape)..wemoto have sent u the old style...ring em up...did u put in proper storm model code for em...cos for storms alone u have 4/5 choices :wink: , i reckon there all too big tho, ive just fitted 4 small ones...looks alot better imo, alltho bob :roll: cant see em lol