Another Drinking Petrol Thread...

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Beast

Another Drinking Petrol Thread...

Post by Beast »

Right chaps... Not using my Red VTR on the track no more so its going to stay on the road but im fed up of it drinking petrol.

Its been dyno-jetted, k&n filter and has viper race cans, the whole stage one and been on the rolling road.

I'm lucky to get 70-80 miles when driving around towns. :)

So... anyone else been in the same boat and whats the best to do?

Shall i take out the k&n filter and fit bog standard or just change carbs with my standard set?

Not got the time to mess around wapping parts too many times. :)
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

to be honest i get a rather crappy mpg when only using it round towns..
when i ride it to work n back every day i get less MPG than i do when i go out for a thrash at the weekend.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Just a thought, was it set-up properly when it was dyno'd :?: I guess you'd only know that if you had it done yourself, as normally with the set-up you have mpg is improved, not made worse :!:

Chris.

PS. You could check that the choke is shutting off properly at the carbs. The cable is a one into two set-up :!:
Last edited by sirch345 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pariah

Post by pariah »

done nowt to mine, bog standard. Over 2 see parents is around 120mile trip one way . fill tank before leave and still no red light on when arrive. so I would say not bad going actually.
Mostly motorway and some b roads, so not hanging around on motorway either. just under 3 figure speed
Beast

Post by Beast »

Blimey Pariah wish i had that sort of range. :)

Choke is fine, not sure on dyno setup at the time as a member of the family got it done for me as i had to work away at the time.

If i say i consume 14L before RLOD comes on...
Range is about 24mpg which is just bad.