Separate horse Rant!

General Biker Banter
stevevtr1

Post by stevevtr1 »

Its the red sock briggade that p*ss me off out on the trails on the mountain bke,Horse riders if you give a bit of respect & slow down so you don't scare the horse usually gets you mutual respect.Its the red socks that want the trails to themselves,ban everything else ,bikes, 4x4,horses anything that don't wear red socks & hiking boots.
On the road i apply the same rules with horse riders,even whip the clutch til im well past (lost a mate once when his car hit a stray horse,completely crushed the roof into the seats) .dont fancy my chances on a bike.
However if a flock of red socks appears on the horizon then they should not be there & deserve to be scared out of their sweaty red socks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
queensburylad

Post by queensburylad »

Road tax the bloody things Mr Brown you tax every other bloody thing :evil: For a start that should stop a few clomping around on tarmac with metal shoes on sh#ting every back road up :x
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Every horse i've ever seen i've slowed down and given a wide bearth to, because i don't want over a ton of steak landing on me.
I prefer it on a bbq. :wink:
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
alan

Post by alan »

adfski wrote:It's all just intolerance :evil:

I'm sure horse riders would much rather be riding on lovely green lanes rather than risking their lives and wrecking the hooves on their beasties.

IMO more horses and pushbikes and walkers all round. More freedom to enjoy all forms of transport on green lanes and the public highway and less "lets ban this" type of shite attitude.

I can't stand this modern affliction of calling for the banning of things because their SLIGHTLY ANNOYING!! :twisted: :twisted:

Its walkers and horse riders with EXACTLY the same attitude that has forced off road bikes off the tracks. And there are large parts of the population ho feel the same about motorbikes and smoking and loud music and partying and all the stuff that I enjoy. (except the smoking - gave it up)

TOLERATE these little things and get on with your life!
Couldnt agree more mate nuff said. everyones entitled to there opinion, everyones got likes and dislikes

its all about horses for courses really and where not all a one trick pony :lol: :lol: :wink:
Lawless247

Post by Lawless247 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:horses belong in fields.. not on roads !!!!!!!

thats my two pennarth worth :wink: :lol:

Horses belong in Burgers and tins of Whiskas. I had to deal with a mad horse during my bike test!
I hate Indian Givers! No..wait I take that back.
Norton500

Post by Norton500 »

I don't trust anything that doesn't have brakes...
It's all a big joke until you have somebody's eye out...
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

TOLERATE these little things and get on with your life!
I agree. Horse riders and bikers are minorities and as such should actually support each other before some gormless pratt who has never done anything out of the ordinary in their sad, humdrum life, decides that we should all drive around in electric powered boxes capable of no more than 45 mph and certainly not travel for fun.

I recently bought the Jaguar just so I could enjoy a few years of indulgence before the ecomentalists start to win. I went to London on the train yesterday - what a FIASCO!. Car or bike next time, bugger the Greens.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I usually pull the clutch in and coast by if that's at all possible, level road or down hill etc, obviously not possible going up hill. I have even pulled over over turned off the engine and waited for them to pass in certain circumstances. Nearly all the riders I've met so far have either said 'thankyou' or put their hand up to say thanks :!: which is more than can be said for a lot of car drivers :!:

I now do the above as much as possible after an experience I do not wish to repeat :!: Remember I have race can's fitted and as I passed a horse and rider giving them both a wide birth the horse got frightened and started rearing up, I don't know who was more scared me or the rider on the horse, luckily we both came out of it unscathed. So lesson learnt, horses do not like the sound of big V twins with no baffles :!:

Chris.