SP1 front master cylinder

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
jonesy

SP1 front master cylinder

Post by jonesy »

Hi all, Can anyone who's swapped to the sp1 master cylinder let me know exactly which parts are involved, and in a nutshell how to do it? Also is the splitter required or can both braided hoses be bolted to the m/c?
Cheers, Chris.
Not all those who wander are lost...
Beast

Post by Beast »

Use the whole MC including lever as it differs from the Firestorm lever.
Best to use both singular braided hoses and do a way with the splitter.
Better feel and easier to bleed. ;)

Even better use SP calipers as well. The MC is only a couple of mm bigger but makes all the difference.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I run a 19mm SP1 Master and GSXR1000 6 pot calipers.

Simply awesome.

As said above, just replace the whole master cylinder and lever assembly. I didn't even need new lines for it as I already had dual braided ones fitted.

Also, the K1/K2 GSXR1000 calipers use the same size discs and sam mounting holes so bolt straight on.
Last edited by Kitch on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Beast

Post by Beast »

I have the 954 Master Cylinder and CBR600 modified calipers but still looking for K1/K2 calipers from a GSXR1000.
They either are difficult to find or people want silly amounts of dosh for them. :?
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

Now here's the question.....has anyone got a m/c from a sp1? fingers and toes crossed.... Chris.
gilson

SP2 MC

Post by gilson »

I'd like to improve my front brake on my firestorm track bike, I'm already using some very expensive pads and good quality discs. Ebay have a SP2 from master cylinder and I was thinking of putting it on.

Would there be that much of an improvement in braking? I don't want to replace the calipers, not yet anyway. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Does anyone know if the SP2 differ from the SP1 master cylinder?

Cheers