updat on s/h parts from Dave silvers

General Biker Banter
warby221

updat on s/h parts from Dave silvers

Post by warby221 »

Well just got of the phone to Dave silvers after no reply to my email. This isn’t a word for word account it’s just to give you an idea of what went on

D/S: Sorry m8 seems all the bearing shell we have in look like the one's we sent you

Me: Err there all second hand then :?

D/S: Yep it looks like it they all show signs of wear
We’ll have to get some in from Honda they'll be a bit more expensive

Me: hang on the ones you sold me are second hand I want them replacing I need one main and one con rod shell

D/S: o right so you don’t need a full set

Me: no just one main and one con rod bearing

D/S: well have them in the post for you as soon as we get the main bearings from Honda then

Cheeky ba***ds were going to try and charge me the extra for the main bearings :x :x

Not happy with the service from them I’d like to say I wouldn’t be using them again but being one of the biggest suppliers of honda parts I’ll probable have to at some time but they’ll defiantly be a last resort not and not first choice :(

So a word of warning check your parts when you receive them and make sure there NEW old stock and not OLD stock
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Pete,

Having re-built the Storm a few years ago, I have purchased quite a few parts from them. albeit not engine parts (apart from Clutch Slave Seal). Even more recently, a new set of cush drive rubbers and a replacement screen screw.

Apart from the price, which is still loads better than anyone I've found (inc Wemoto), especially Honda main dealers. I can honestly sat I've never had a problem with anything they've sent through.

I have to agree though, it seems very odd that they should be sending any 'used' parts out at all - as far as I knew, they only dealt in new OEM parts and a few accessories.

Did they offer any explanation as why or how 2nd hand or used parts had A) been sent out and B) passed off and charged as 'New'?

Graeme.
warby221

Post by warby221 »

RedStormV wrote:Pete,

Did they offer any explanation as why or how 2nd hand or used parts had A) been sent out and B) passed off and charged as 'New'?

Graeme.

No explanation just that all the shells they had were like the ones they'd sent me then they tried to charge me extra because they were going to order from Honda for the replacements

What’s got me pi**d off is that if I was some one having a go for the first time I would have built an engine using second hand bearings thinking they were new (and they weren’t particularly good ones the ones that came out were as good if not better) putting the engine back together with expensive gaskets new oil filter and so on just to have it fail a few hundred miles later

Like you said I’ve used D/S for a lot of parts in the past for my viffer I prefer OME parts if available and never had a problem
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I had been wondering how you had got on with this issue.
Glad too hear you got it sorted, although not as well as it should have been IMO :!:

The good thing for you (as you said somewhere) was that you knew the shells had been used, which wouldn't have been the case for all :!:

Chris.

PS. Like both of you I've used D/S for parts over the years and have received excellent service.