New here? Come in and introduce yourself
man from africa

Post by man from africa »

just like to introduce myself to all members.my name is nick.previously owned a blackbird but sold it last december when i went to zimbabwe.recently returned and bought a 98 25000miles firestorm.completely standard bar hugger and mini indicators.this will obviously change very soon.do any of u have preferences on exhausts ,or are any specific make recommended.so far so good,love the torquey engine.only downsight is the fuel economy but i can live with that.hope to meet some fellow members in the near future.by the way,brilliant website
rhodesians never die,pasi ne mugabe
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:D Welcome Aboard :D
Loads of pipes out there for the Storm. Quite a personal choice really you can choose them by volume or style :wink:
Mind you if power is what you're after you won't find a quiet one :lol:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
andyh

Post by andyh »

Welcome Nick, the old Storm sounds like a barrage of howitzers going off with race cans on :lol: any will do :wink:
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Welcome Nick,
can't give ye much advice regardin race cans im afraid, i've just got standard cans with the baffles removed :!:
Stevie
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the fray

Got Micron race cans (low swept) on mine, Sounds awesome :P

Seeing as it appears they've gone bust (well parent company has, and taken them down too) could be some bargains happening.

Graeme.

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Welcome mate, advice on cans is watch ebay for bargains then post the thread on here for opinions on any you fancy buying.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
man from africa

thanks for the welcome.contacted previous owner and luckily he still as aftermarket cans and rack.he wont sell separately so anyone out there who wants a rack let me know.will be collecting from him next weekend.well impressed with bike,certainly showed up a few of my mates today.getting about 100 miles before fuel light comes on.is that normal
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi Nick

Like the sig

Wondered what the second half meant, guessed as much!

Found this on Google

"Pasi ne Mugabe Chenjera Moto" (Down with Mugabe, Watch that fire)

Now there's someone just crying out to take bullet! Never mind Sadman Hussein!
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

Noooo ! Is he? Feck! Musta missed that 8O

:lol:

OK Osama Bin Liner then :roll:

Suppose you're gonna dis me on that too huh? :x

Sunny in Llanddewi Brefi today was it? :wink:

Coulda said Saddam maybe but his little known twin Sadman isn't but thought option 1 was more betterer innit :?

Can see I'm gonna get a severe slappin' if I get this meet next weekend :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Nick :!: :D

Chris.
tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

Welcome aboard Nick, am not far from you. I can also thoroughly recommend Powerlinks down at Ringwood - Mark down there is a real whizz with Firestorms and very reasonable.
2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm - SOLD
2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 - from two cylinders to three!
man from africa

thanks for your advice.i noticed you posted your recommendation about mark in the good dealers section and mark serviced it last week.top bloke.i like the way it shows u around the bike afterwards and explains what hes done and shows you all the old bits hes replaced.pity there werent more honest people like him about.must arrange to meet one day