Hartside cafe / Scottish borders
No votes
Whistlestop, Whitby / Scarborough
No votes
Humberside / Cleethorpes / Lincolnshire
6%
Cat and Fiddle / Matlock
50%
I know a better place, I put it in the thread !
11%

Total votes: 18

bikermike1411

Post by bikermike1411 »

Nice one Tim, I was a bit concerned some folk might think 150 odd miles too short! I'm really looking forward to meeting you chaps and chapesses! :D
Perseverance takes too long....
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

bikermike1411 wrote:Nice one Tim, I was a bit concerned some folk might think 150 odd miles too short! I'm really looking forward to meeting you chaps and chapesses! :D
Timbo we might get bullied for riding IL4s 8O and I will see my old bike :cry: The Red Baron 8)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
bikermike1411

Post by bikermike1411 »

I think we need to let everyone know where everyone's meeting! Well, I need to know who's meeting me, so I can a) wait for them and b) set off as soon as the last man arrives.

Does it need a new thread or can we patch it into this one to avoid a third thread (on top of Tim's 'Who's going' thread).

1. Sainsbury's petrol forecourt, Cheadle Royal, 9am - Bikermike!
doggit

Post by doggit »

1. Sainsbury's petrol forecourt, Cheadle Royal, 9am - Bikermike!
2. as above----------------------------------------------- doggit
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi,

Not wanting to throw a spanner in the works, as much as, offer a suggestion to those travelling from the North West.

Even though FSM, Deano, Me, QbryLad (prolly) are meeting Wooley edge services, and it's probably quicker to do M-way to Chesterfield then cut across the Matlock, we're not likely to do that.

Preferred route for us would be similar to last year, turn off M1 at jnc 37 for the A628 Penistone Road to Woodhead reservoir.
Take the left just after Woodhead res onto B6105 Torside road, following it into Glossop.

This will for us (me and FSM) exorcise a few ghosts (well 1).

A left here takes us straight onto the Snake and over to Ladybower Inn - there's a little tea hut in left hand pull off / big layby approx halfway over the snake which does a cracking bacon butty too.

Clicky Piccy

Now here's the idea ....

Last year, I believe (kitch's memory's not as good as it was) the North West guys, met at "The Pyramid" the place near Stockport right on the bypass bit of the M60 - you pass it on the motorway a big glass pointy building"
Not sure how far this is from Cheadle meet point, but I believe it's fairly near.

What about the East (us) and the West, Tim, Warbs Bikermike, Sparra etc meeting up at Glossop or the Ladybower Inn, either way take in the Snake, then down via Bamford, Hathersage, Bakewell etc to Matlock Bath (Fishponds) to meet up with our Midlands (Lincolnshire) contingent, then proceed as already suggested by Mike (Bikermike)?

Glossop is approx 35 mins from our meeting point at Wooley and Ladybower Inn about 50. So if we leave Wooley at 08:30, well you can work the rest out.

If you're meeting time / point adds a lot to it, then if you're interested in this pre-meet then just suggest a time and place ie Glossop or Ladybower Inn and I'm sure we can accomodate. Maybe better off being Ladybower as not sure about parking in Glossop. Could even meet at the tea hut halfway over Snake.

Like I said, just a suggestion.

We can still take in the Snake, Cat etc when we've got full numbers, post Matlock Bath, as looking at Mike's route it's at least one nice circle. Might mean the NW contingent not doing the Cat 3 times, unless of course that's what floats yer boat :lol:
bikermike1411

Post by bikermike1411 »

That'd work, Graeme! The 'pyramid' is only a junction down from the Cheadle turn (going anticlockwise). So we'd meet at Ladybower tea hut by the dam? We could hook up in Glossop as a group and head out from there - thats easily doable.

Can't check the forum at work (must ask the kids for a proxy site thats not blocked!) so i'll check back in tonight!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

are slow harleys allowed???..and from wooley services to ladybower pub your looking at 90 mins tops....so if u leave wooley at 8.30...id say 10 ish at pub :wink: thats going same as last year over glossop old road
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Just plotted route from Sainsburys Petrol station @ Cheadle to Glossop.

Back up to M60, off at Stockport, Offerton St, Marple Rd, through Marple & Marple Bridge to Glossop.

This works out at (17.1 miles) 30mins, don't ask me what speed that's at cos I don't know, however if we set off from Wooley at 8:30 and you guys from Sainsburys at 09:00 this should give us Me & FSM) ample time to 'pay homage' , meeting you lot either at the tea hut halfway over the Snake (see piccie) or at the Ladybower Inn at the far end of it.

By my reckoning that'd be between 9:30 & 10:00? depending on pee, brew & buttie breaks, wherever we decide to meet.

There's plenty of space at the Snake 'tea hut' and Ladybower.

We could then head out as above to meet the rest of the chaps @ Matlock.
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

Hi peeps how@s it goin not been around 4 awhile been busy workin and bonding with my new toy..what time n where's everyone meeting I hope to get out to play at weekend.Image :lol:
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

Cheers m8 should be able to do that...was there only a few days back one of my local haunts. cu all then :lol:
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

lee67 wrote:are slow harleys allowed???..
I'll keep ya company, Lee :wink:
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

Timbo wrote: Lee - get your butt along, it will stop people taking the piss out of my Green bike :)
no it won't :P
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Right now that’s me buggerd :oops:
Im lost :oops:

Were we meeting????

Where’s this ladyburpers pub any one got a post code for it???

And how the hell did I get lumbered with the navigation
I haven’t got a sat nave I just follow the scratches on my tank and see were we end up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

O god my head hurts I need a sit down
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

I can find me way from the pyramid in Stockport to Matlock bath .....but i have to do a lap of stockport first to find the right road lol