new to list

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
bonerpart

new to list

Post by bonerpart »

Hi everyone i have been the owner of a storm for some years riding without fail at the week ends subject to no rain until a year ago when i was sent to the gulf to act as ground suport now i am back i fill like riding again is there any thing i need to now or do with my bike before i start riding again as it hasnt started for a year many thanks tony b
Druid

Post by Druid »

Put the battery on charge.
Drain the petrol from the tank and carb float bowls, refil with fresh fuel
Drain & replace oil and oil filter
Replace plugs
Check & lube (or replace) chain
Check tyre for cracks/splits. Check tyre pressure.
Check brake operation. Strip & clean calipers if required.
Check steering
Check suspension
Check operation of lights/horn

Avoiding the above is a good enough reason to ride all year round (if you can) :)
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Welcome aboard mate,

As druid says just give the bike a once over and change all the fluids, do the tyre pressures and away you go.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

all the above...... oh and of course watch out for snipers 8O
yea you know the tw*t ones with speed guns :wink:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Welcome :lol:
One thing I would be weary of is the first time you put it into gear.
I once had an old bike stood up for ages and during that time the clutch plates decided to seize.Well as you can imagine when I pulled the clutch in and put it in gear I nearly drove straight through the garage wall. Scared the shite out of me :oops: :oops:
Pete.l
bonerpart

Post by bonerpart »

Thanks for all your replys i have now done everything on the lists and are waiting with keen antisipation for a bit of good weather to have a bloody good ride but today i was told i will be going to Kosovo to suport the ground lads so it looks like ill have to wait a few more months for a ride many thanks again Tony