Temp Gauge intermittantly working.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Temp Gauge intermittantly working.

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

The temperature gauge has been intermittantly working, so i'm thinking contact might be corroded somewhere or the temp sensor is in need of replacement, what should I be checking and looking for where is the temp gauge sensor etc has anyone got pics of this if its not that what are the steps taking the dial apart to investigate what other things can I check for.
Beast

Post by Beast »

Pretty sure the temp sensor is on the right radiator and can be exposed to the elements but have never heard of any problems.
Check for corroded connectors on sensor.
Easiest way to check the wiring is to pull the two wires off the sensor and use a piece of wire to connect both ends.
Needle in temp gaugue should shoot right up to the end in the red, and if it stays there wiring must be fine and it could be the sensor failing.
If needle in the gauge is still playing up, problem could be lurking else where.
Also check the connector on the thermostat housing, you can get to this through the frame and it sits under the carbs.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Thanks for the infor Beast, will investigate what you said further.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

How are you getting on with it Nas?
I've got a haynes book of lies and a meter if you are still having trouble.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Only just got back today, havn't had a chance to look at it but will either today else tomorrow. Cheers thou Pete.