R1 seat conversion(New pics added 15/11/08)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
mozza71

Post by mozza71 »

nicest butt ive seen on a storm mate..... hope it works out well for you.
Smile..........it confuses people

http://picasaweb.google.com/Kirk6471/FinalRebuild2#
click above to see the final rebuild !
Bluefox

Post by Bluefox »

nice,works really well,paint will transform it again,get the whole thing flowing...very nice !!!
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Got the number plate bracket back today looks good so just got on to the wiring of the rear indicators and the number plate lights. Pretty straight forward really but wanted to keep it neat. Should have the seat plastics back by the end of the week then just need to get the rear seat which is goiing to be expensive i think.

Oh yeah gonna pick up a six spoke rear wheel on Sunday so will post a thread about how that fits.
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Not yet still not decided on the final style for them yet. Got a friend waiting for me to get the bike down to him and he will knock them up in a day but going to get everything else done first then i can decide how they are going to look. Can't wait. :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's looking good Steve :!: 8) Keep up the good work :D

Chris.
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

It's all looking great :) have you checked how bright those indicators are though, as I had a set on mine and they were dire 8O

It's hard to look cool carrying toilet roll.
col73

Post by col73 »

Thats looking really well steve. What year of r1 is that seat from. Knew it was gonna be an expensive mistake joining this site. So many ideas on it. 8)
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

See above ^^^^^^^^ Not been that much of a job to fit to be honest just a couple of brackets and the wiring. The credit for chopping the subframe has to go to Mike though as he cut it before i got it i just finished the job off. :lol:
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Painter has just called seat unit is painted get it back on Monday so can make a little progress. Gonna be slow now though as the missus has said that horrid word CHRISTMAS lol. Still struggling to get a rear seat :cry: this is the only part from the seat unit i need now keep seeing them on e-bay but they seem to go for daft money. Also need to sell this SP1 wheel its on e-bay now so should go soon can then get on with hunting down some 6 spokes lots of these about though so this should'nt be a problem. Also thinking of doing something with the swingarm don't know what though. Have thought about a single sider but thats been done want to do something differant any ideas welcome. Will post some pics up when i get the seat unit back as it will be fitted for the last time(hopefully)once done. :lol:
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Have been thinking of an SP1 arm and using the wheel that i have but have read that it is a nightmare to fit and that the 6" rim mess's with the handling. But i suppose anything is possible. Have been looking at the Mario Nava bike again and have e-mailed him about the arm on his and his is the standard VTR arm with the brace from an SP1 welded to it looks good but seems like a lot off work. Can't decide :?
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Well its painted and it looks quite good if i do say so. Just need a bloody rear seat now.

Crap pics i know but it was raining and dark but gives you an idea. :D
col73

Post by col73 »

Steve that looks awsome!!! I'm really liking that :D
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

looks stunning mate, fantastic job 8) 8) 8) so how much you want for it :wink: mind id have to respray it yellow :lol: :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Steve that is looking cool mate 8) 8) I can't believe how much difference it looks now it's painted :!: Red was definitely the right decision IMHO :D

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Steve you have a PM :!:

Chris.