what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

Jamoi wrote:Spanked it's butt round Essex and made a video: http://youtu.be/u3h-qr5TEqU

I was lead rider, as no one else was up fer it!

Magnum was stuck behind a GSXR most of the day, these old bikes have still got it y'know ;)
you should have popped down to epping mate, me and bananaman went out this morning.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jamoi

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Jamoi »

Cheers Al :) :thumbup:

Sorry AP I could only afford 1.5 tanks of fuel this weekend! :lol:
Jamie :wave:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Jamoi wrote:Cheers Al :) :thumbup:

Sorry AP I could only afford 1.5 tanks of fuel this weekend! :lol:
tut tut tut, how much is i.5 tanks of fuel.....erm £25......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

agentpineapple wrote:
tut tut tut, how much is i.5 tanks of fuel.....erm £25......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better known as 30 miles?
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
magnum

Re: what have you done to your

Post by magnum »

agentpineapple wrote:
Jamoi wrote:Spanked it's butt round Essex and made a video: http://youtu.be/u3h-qr5TEqU

I was lead rider, as no one else was up fer it!

Magnum was stuck behind a GSXR most of the day, these old bikes have still got it y'know ;)

Not the one that was popping wheelie's i might add :lol: :lol:

you should have popped down to epping mate, me and bananaman went out this morning.... :thumbup:
"It may be yellow but it ain't no chicken"
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:Got 10 of the bobbins free so far, absolutely knackered now though and it's freezing in my garage (no idea why..). I'll finish the remaining 6 tomorrow and take it out for a test ride and update y'all :thumbup:

Was good advice mac but I found it on youtube first, mwuahaha :wink:

Cheers everyone! :thumbup:
Kinda good work even though you only did half a job... :lol:

If you found it on google why bother asking on here ? You could of been out there doing it instead of wasting time sitting in front of the PC ... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

MacV2 wrote:
Kinda good work even though you only did half a job... :lol:

If you found it on google why bother asking on here ? You could of been out there doing it instead of wasting time sitting in front of the PC ... :lol:
Was using the phone in the garage while I was doing it :lol: Was getting tired and cold so meh, I'll finish the job tonight. Just cause you want to bring back slave labour, you communist.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

another busy day with the bike, oil and filter change, i'm trying mobil t4 semi, new air filter and plugs, fitted spare blue tank, its only taken 2 and a bit years.... :lol:
I also fitted a new tank filter and varadero fuel tap, I was getting pissed off with fuel pissing out when I disconnected the tank/fuel line.... :x
I also got around to fitting a new numberplate....8 x 6.
I was going to bung some grease under the starter motors rubber boot, but it's on so tight, I couldn't be arsed to take it off... :roll:
if I get the chance tomorrow, i'll have a go at trying to tighten the rear exhaust studs up a bit more, as its still blowing.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:another busy day with the bike, oil and filter change, i'm trying mobil t4 semi, new air filter and plugs, fitted spare blue tank, its only taken 2 and a bit years.... :lol:
I also fitted a new tank filter and varadero fuel tap, I was getting pissed off with fuel pissing out when I disconnected the tank/fuel line.... :x
I also got around to fitting a new numberplate....8 x 6.
I was going to bung some grease under the starter motors rubber boot, but it's on so tight, I couldn't be arsed to take it off... :roll:
if I get the chance tomorrow, i'll have a go at trying to tighten the rear exhaust studs up a bit more, as its still blowing.
careful with those threads Marty!!!esp on the rear ones. Are you gonna make the 5th july?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I know all about the swiss cheese exhaust studs...... :(
sorry mate, i'm back in spain on the 2nd, so I won't be able to make it.... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Finished freeing up the bobbins on my discs, took her out for 10 miles on straight, empty, wide roads..

Still getting a lot of vibration through the bars when braking over 60-70... It's not as much as before, so there's improvement. But it's far from a fix :/

I'll let the bravest man at the dyno on saturday ride it and have a ponder :lol:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

We can always swap the discs that those pads were used with virt. Might solve the problem.

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk
Virt

Post by Virt »

Sounds like a, very good, plan :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Gave the brakes on Nue Red a good going over.

Needed fluid change so whilst I was there...

Hel lines, stripped & cleaned callipers, changed the pads & of course new fluid. Bleed it through...Nice & firm...

Oh & rode it this morning.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
Virt wrote:They don't spin. At all

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Use a squirt of brake cleaner. (WD40 sparingly if no brake cleaner to hand, but be very careful not to get it on the discs of course!)
If you have used WD give the disc a good clean when finished with a petrol soaked rag to make sure there is no oil contamination on the disc.

* Washers are optional depending on size of bolt used.
DON'T use WD40, any that stays in the bobbins will be flung out onto the disc face. Apart from losing brakes, it will soak into the pads.....

Also don't use chrome cleaner on discs, and don't dry the guinea pig in a microwave.

The idea of putting a washer under the spark plug, to leave less plug in the cylinder head, therefore leaving more room for lovely petrol and air, is also doomed to failure.

(sigh) all the best ideas aren't as good as they seem, while under the influence.
:whatever
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.