Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 14 - 17 May 2015

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

budd

Re: Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 14 - 17 May 2015

Post by budd »

only a week to go :thumbup:
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

already started laying out all stuff to go in the roll bag, pick the bike up next Thursday.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cheekykev wrote:Any of you guys coming up from the South and feel like they would like to split the journey up are welcome to stay at ours for the night while on route :thumbup:
Me, cheekyads and cheekysue are hoping to camp over Friday and Saturday, we'll just have to see how things pan out, got quite a lot on in May with TT etc, plus I've been busy building a Café racer out of a BMW R80RT, if the worst comes to it me and cheekyads will just come over for the ride, but we will make every effort to camp all weekend :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks for the offer, Kev, but I'll head up with Bazza on Friday now, seeing as PJ engineering won't deliver the bits I'll need to rebuild the cans until Weds, so Thursday is a can build and fit day.

Hopefully the bike will start and run, and get me up to t'North without more than a roadside rebuild or two.

It'll be alright on the night, probably.
See you there :beer:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Whats the ETA for folks getting to the camp site on Friday?
My current thinking is to head down to Preston on the Thursday and crash at my Bro's. Then head over Fri morning. I'll have the bike on the trailer as the cars with me anyway for the next week
+ can load up with all my sweeties...
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i have not yet worked out my work exit plans for Friday, but I guess it will be 8 or 9pm before I get to the campsite.

depending on what time I leave the metropolis of Brum will decide if I go M-way or back roads
AMcQ
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Based on metting up with Tony earlier, and how many times we have to stop for fuel,we should be getting to the campsite around 2 to 2.30, ready for some Tony tinkering.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

tony tinkering, is this on his or an open invite to redo mine?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

My piles will need creaming, so volunteers welcome :lol:

I'll almost certainly be stripping my carbs and rejetting as soon as I get there because I won't have a chance to do more than just slap on a that'll do setting before heading off.

And at regular intervals throughout the weekend.
Flatline

Current list of those turning up

Post by Flatline »

Flatline
AdyF
Amcq46
Gabi81
Budd
Watty
Tony.Mon
CheekyKev + CheekyAds
Shaun71
Grinner1969
BazzaBottox
Glimpyfog
StuartH + 1
Garyb
CKennedy
Artee

This is the current list, anyone not coming or want to come along?
Flatline

Dont want to camp? Turn up on the day

Post by Flatline »

Turn up at 8am on Saturday morning to join the ride if you don't want to camp
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

started packing the camping kit............ how camp is too camp? :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMCQ46 wrote:i have not yet worked out my work exit plans for Friday, but I guess it will be 8 or 9pm before I get to the campsite.

depending on what time I leave the metropolis of Brum will decide if I go M-way or back roads

looks like my 4pm Friday afternoon customer call has been cancelled, so I could be setting off near to noon, so I should be at the camp site nearer to 5pm :D :beer:

expect to see tonys bike in bits by the time I get there........... if we are lucky we can go for a ride out early evening
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Sorry Phil I don't think I'm going to make it. Been trying to move some stuff around so I can but my final chance didn't work out :( gutted! Enjoy all that do go. It's It's a great weekend and Phil did a fantastic route for the last one.
budd

Post by budd »

not sure what time I'll be there I've got a funeral to go to Fri morning now, at least it's a biker funeral, Oggy was a long time biker so apparently a 'busa hearse as been arranged to carry the coffin, so we are having a ride out at 10am with Oggy up front (for the final time) then a service at 10.30, I'll need to show my face at the 'do' after but then all I need to do is put the bike in the van after and then I'll be away, should be there late afternoon.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote: :D :beer:

expect to see tonys bike in bits by the time I get there........... if we are lucky we can go for a ride out early evening
My bike's already in bits.
I spent all weekend trying to get it back together and ready for its MOT on Thursday, but frustratingly the welding on the engine mount hasn't cured the coolant leak, so had strip it all off again.

Much loud shouting of gonads and its variants.

So I spent the rest of Sunday putting the shortened Mig cans together, but (ahem) I appear to have forgotten to put the baffle material in, as it's still sitting in its box in the garage.....Kell domarj, as they say in France, when I fire it up and they can hear it over the channel.

It's got dB killers for track days or if I get a producer, but they may well work themselves loose and end up in my rucksack for the Yorks run, assuming that it gets finished in time.

So this AM, early, I took it back to Slipstream, who did the welding. unimpressed, I said, how about another go? Would, they said, but the welder's on holiday this week..... 8O

I went to work to calm down, and said I'd phone later.

Later came and went, and apparently they've found a welder who can do it Wednesday, and they can drop it back to me on the way back from the welder's as I only live local.

So game back on, but I'm going to e close getting it all back together, new exhaust brackets made, brakes and clutch bled, oh, and I need to do something about the stripped thread in the front caliper one side....If it gets through the MOT (it's ok, I booked the deaf tester, (who will give it an advisory if I left the cans off entirely) and so, hopefully, it'll be back on the road for coming up Friday.
Even then it's on brand new tyres, so they'll need scrubbing in....and God knows what jetting will work so I'll just slam an average setting in and live with it until I get there.

It better be bloody quick after all this messing around, is all I'm saying.

But tbh I'm not coming up on the little 600 if the VTR isn't ready, sorry and all, but there it is.