Re: OP Storm SW Scotland mk2 Aug 8th, 9th 10th 2014

Post by Jamoi »

Sounds awesome :thumbup:

Any pics? Preferably not with Adyf bumming forum members :lol:
Jamie :wave:
adyf

Post by adyf »

Me think the lady dust protest too much,eh jamoi?
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

adyf wrote:Me think the lady dust protest too much,eh jamoi?
Lady dust? is that what old birds have around their beef pitta? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Ahhh that's ferkin sikkkk ^ :lol: :lol:

Iirc Ady I think flatty was the recipient last time? 8O
Jamie :wave:
adyf

Post by adyf »

Yeah well flatty has got the looks but at least you got the brains
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Home at 6pm and I think I have seen every type of weather today with the exception of snow.

But that had to be one of the best weekends riding ever, thanks to the lads and lasses for the great company, you all rode well no mater what roads I threw at you...... And they were some roads :D
Thanks to Galoway for the summer weather and the almost traffic free roads. 270miles on Saturday and every mile was worth waiting for.... If Carling made biking roads that would have been them... I had forgotten how good some of them were, and the chance to share them with mates made it 10times better :D :D
Thanks to Chris for the campsite BBQ, you were right, adding bacon to a cheeseburger was perfection, and the wee ride on the GSXR, WHAT A FECKING BONKERS POWER RUSH :thumbup:

Thanks to Ady for beers on Saturday and keeping the conversation near the gutter level :D

Thanks to Stuart for the Oreo's... Best dunking biscuit ever.... And all the rest of the sweets that you had hidden in the tank bag :clap:

Thanks to mick for waking us all up Saturday with the storm alarm clock, you could tell you grew up on roads like these, good riding with you mate :thumbup:

Thanks to green eyed gecko for helping to herd the sheep.. :lol: next time you have go for the full weekend.

ANd thanks to Lindsay for the ride home... The wet A6 down to Kendal was fun, but the road from sedburgh to Hawes was not much fun in the piss wet... But the road from Hawes to Settle more than made up for it, I was laughing my head of as the 2 of us were getting air with the bikes fully loaded up with camp gear, great to have some company on the run south.

Then no thanks at all to the M6, that was a nightmare as soon as I got on at j31 into the middle of traffic jam at 3pm.
I filtered for about an hour in torrential rain, but I just couldn't take any more so I aborted the plan just to stay on the M6 for the easy trip home and went down the A49 / A41... Sun came out along with 40mph winds 8O..

And to top it off the bolt that hold the gear linkage to the lever on the engine side fell off as I was firing down the slip road on to the M54. Quick repairs and then home.

About 850 fun packed miles, photos to follow
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kids beware of this man

Cheer up, you just watch Ady get bombed by seagulls and you have more great roads to ride

Scottish master chef auditions

Handy modesty screen at the tescos petrol station!
AMcQ
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

glad you all got back ok.it was a hell of a weekend. :beer:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

You 2 were warned about getting air again. That will be Lindsay crippled again.

What a fantastic weekend, I'm glad Ady kept me company for most of it as you nutters scared the locals.

Now why has anyone not mentioned the Police visit on Friday night............ :Stick1:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Oh yes, I forgot the visit by the police, you lot of youngsters making noise :lol: And no she wasn't a stripagram :lol:
AMcQ
macdee

Post by macdee »

sorry i missed this one and good to see you all got home ok
need to see more photos and whats this about the police
told you not to but oh no you knew better
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now why has anyone not mentioned the Police visit on Friday night............ :Stick1:
Tell us more. Is that you Grumpy sitting in the tent. And I hope those burgers are from Aberdeen.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

Tesco.150 yards away. :crazy:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

They said it would rain

Home

Then It did rain on Sunday
Where's my gloves
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:Home at 6pm and I think I have seen every type of weather today with the exception of snow.

But that had to be one of the best weekends riding ever, thanks to the lads and lasses for the great company, you all rode well no mater what roads I threw at you...... And they were some roads :D
Thanks to Galoway for the summer weather and the almost traffic free roads. 270miles on Saturday and every mile was worth waiting for.... If Carling made biking roads that would have been them... I had forgotten how good some of them were, and the chance to share them with mates made it 10times better :D :D
Thanks to Chris for the campsite BBQ, you were right, adding bacon to a cheeseburger was perfection, and the wee ride on the GSXR, WHAT A FECKING BONKERS POWER RUSH :thumbup:

Thanks to Ady for beers on Saturday and keeping the conversation near the gutter level :D

Thanks to Stuart for the Oreo's... Best dunking biscuit ever.... And all the rest of the sweets that you had hidden in the tank bag :clap:

Thanks to mick for waking us all up Saturday with the storm alarm clock, you could tell you grew up on roads like these, good riding with you mate :thumbup:

Thanks to green eyed gecko for helping to herd the sheep.. :lol: next time you have go for the full weekend.

ANd thanks to Lindsay for the ride home... The wet A6 down to Kendal was fun, but the road from sedburgh to Hawes was not much fun in the piss wet... But the road from Hawes to Settle more than made up for it, I was laughing my head of as the 2 of us were getting air with the bikes fully loaded up with camp gear, great to have some company on the run south.

Then no thanks at all to the M6, that was a nightmare as soon as I got on at j31 into the middle of traffic jam at 3pm.
I filtered for about an hour in torrential rain, but I just couldn't take any more so I aborted the plan just to stay on the M6 for the easy trip home and went down the A49 / A41... Sun came out along with 40mph winds 8O..

And to top it off the bolt that hold the gear linkage to the lever on the engine side fell off as I was firing down the slip road on to the M54. Quick repairs and then home.

About 850 fun packed miles, photos to follow
Glad you all got back ok.

It was torrential rain over the 66 and down the A1. When I got home, my waterproof bags on the panniers had filled with water, so the panniers were sitting in a puddle. The sleeping bag and tent had taken on water too and weighed a ton. My 1 piece started leaking eventually in the middle of my chest on the zip, I could feel it dripping down onto my nuts...hmmm :lol: At least Saturday's ride made it all worthwhile.

This Op Storm is definitely this forum's best kept secret :D

Here are the other photos I took: