what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Stephan

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Stephan »

not sure about six point, as there is increased pressure on bolt edges. Properly fitted quality multipoint should be less prone to damage the bolt. For me ring spanner and hammer works the best.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i went out last night as it had been a great days weather wise. i went out purely with the intension to try and get my right knee down, i tried about 4 of my fave roads and i can honestly say my right leg must go up in side my ribcage on right handers as i was bloody miles away, hanging off and everything. It felt odd, (Lefts ok) but i seemed miles away. I also thought trying i was miles slower through the bends.

I tried a quiet roundabout, still miles away. I need some advice and guidance from a slider wizard i think. :lol: or a rhs slider on a rope like the soap.

Went home using all the left handers i know and was awesome. :lol: . What a tool eh!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bigtwinthing wrote:i went out last night as it had been a great days weather wise. i went out purely with the intension to try and get my right knee down, i tried about 4 of my fave roads and i can honestly say my right leg must go up in side my ribcage on right handers as i was bloody miles away, hanging off and everything. It felt odd, (Lefts ok) but i seemed miles away. I also thought trying i was miles slower through the bends.

I tried a quiet roundabout, still miles away. I need some advice and guidance from a slider wizard i think. :lol: or a rhs slider on a rope like the soap.

Went home using all the left handers i know and was awesome. :lol: . What a tool eh!
you need a trackday and advice from one of their instructors mate, at some tracks you can hire a trackbike, so there's no risk involved with your own bike.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
smokey

Post by smokey »

fitted new seat cover

kev64

Post by kev64 »

That seat cover is the same as mine, Fairly easy to fit with a good staple gun
and a lot cheaper !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

last night I started to remove what's salvageable from the bike ck smashed to pieces, it's just finding the time to do it... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

It's no rush mate so don't push yourself. It'll be a while before I can collect the parts :lol: get that house sorted. It's going to need to be nice and comfy for next year :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Ckennedy wrote:It's no rush mate so don't push yourself. It'll be a while before I can collect the parts :lol: get that house sorted. It's going to need to be nice and comfy for next year :thumbup:

over the last ten days we've painted 9 rooms, each having approx. two coats of paint, and four ceilings. i'm bloody knackered.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Haha. Good lad :thumbup: I'll have to get a pint in next time we're over then.

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

ragged it on the way to work and back via a little run round the roundabouts by Lordshill. shite area but about 9 roundabouts in 1/2 mile. whopped it up to the red line and shat myself at 144. it wobbles a bit at that speed.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Went for a quick run out/carb tune up in a layby, when a guy goes past on an R6, He turns round and asked me if
I'm ok, so we had a chat and we both liked each others bikes, his was pretty much brand new, all
black and grey, with 1" wide chicken strips, I offered to help him remove these, but he declined,
he also didn't fancy a straight swap, but he did like the noise mine makes and was even more
impressed with the flames coming out the exhaust at full revs !! :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

finally manage to remove the front wheel spindle nut.... :roll:
small breaker bar, 6ft scaffold pole and a better socket, just about managed to do the job, happy days.
the brakes are all boxed up and ready to return to the uk.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

moved it and everything else in may garage to its new home..... i have too much stuff, that took all day :lol:
AMcQ
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Replaced the rear sprocket, from 44 steely to a 45 aluminium Renthal.

Just to see if it's okay for the road with the 15 tooth front 8O

If all's good, I'll will be ordering a steel 45. Throttle wheelie ahoy :lol: :thumbup:

kev64

Post by kev64 »

Checked the timing/valve clearances, found CCTs way to tight( about 1-2mm movement !!), adjusted, also front cams both 1 tooth out (I think)
anyway, reset as best as I could, valve clearances, all ok (I think) tricky job to get spot on especially as my
feeler gauges were crap, will recheck the winter time but am happy enough for now.
Anyway, rebuilt and fired the bitch up, ran lovely :D :D :D