what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:i'm giving up the uk roads until the yellow bike comes back to the uk in spring, that 66bhp bike turned into a 111bhp bike once the timing was corrected.... :lol:
and no it isn't the same bike, as I know you just wanted to post up that picture again mac..... :lol:
Yep but not as good as this one...

'Just wanna get a pic of your bike Marty, wheel it forward for me...bit more...keep coming...just a tad more...Fine stop there...perfect...hehehehe'
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Spent some time in the MacCave stripping down Smokin Joe. Body work off, tank off, air box off...Inspection caps sucsesfuly removed without mangling...All ready to finaly do the CCT's tomorrow or Monday...

Used me new JIS screwdrivers...blimey what a difference. No chewed up screw heads, all airbox,stack & top of the carb screws out & they dont drop off the end & fall into the oblivion of the heat sheild or disappear into the Bermuda Triangle of the workshop floor ... :lol:

Highly recomended...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vessel-9003-S ... 1478637180?
Other JIS screwdrivers are avaliable.
Watty

Post by Watty »

MacV2 wrote:Spent some time in the MacCave stripping down Smokin Joe. Body work off, tank off, air box off...Inspection caps sucsesfuly removed without mangling...All ready to finaly do the CCT's tomorrow or Monday...

Used me new JIS screwdrivers...blimey what a difference. No chewed up screw heads, all airbox,stack & top of the carb screws out & they dont drop off the end & fall into the oblivion of the heat sheild or disappear into the Bermuda Triangle of the workshop floor ... :lol:

mac fluid screwdrivers Mac! Whatever next 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Not Storm, but fitted new exhaust header o rings to the 600 commuter, and while I was there put new steering head bearings in.
Tomorrow I plan to convert the sp2 to normal pattern shift and, who knows, maybe ride it.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:Spent some time in the MacCave stripping down Smokin Joe. Body work off, tank off, air box off...Inspection caps sucsesfuly removed without mangling...All ready to finaly do the CCT's tomorrow or Monday...

i think one of the main problems is that some people don't know the difference between posidrive and phillips. Then proceed to bugger up the screw.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

rolled it out over my garage carpet :lol: , run it up and lubed some bits, checked the oil etc ready for a ride today. i must be careful though 6 trillions bloody leaves on the road down here at the moment.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigtwinthing wrote:rolled it out over my garage carpet :lol: , run it up and lubed some bits, checked the oil etc ready for a ride today. i must be careful though 6 trillions bloody leaves on the road down here at the moment.
Ride safe and watch out for that low sun too
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your

Post by tony.mon »

lloydie wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:rolled it out over my garage carpet :lol: , run it up and lubed some bits, checked the oil etc ready for a ride today. i must be careful though 6 trillions bloody leaves on the road down here at the moment.
Ride safe and watch out for that low sun too
It's 93 million miles away, Lloydie. No need to duck.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:

i think one of the main problems is that some people don't know the difference between posidrive and phillips. Then proceed to bugger up the screw.

+1...JIS is different again apparently...Japanese Industry Standard BTW Watty not mac fluid you perv... :lol: :lol: Basicaly they dont have a pointed end, with std phillips screw drivers they have a pointed end so dont fit right in to JIS screws...Result is that if they are a bit on the tight side as you apply force the screwdriver 'cam's' up the screw wall & chews up the head...been there done that fecked the screw... :lol: :lol:

Now I have read that by grinding the end off a phillps screw driver you can make an approx. copy...but a/ It wont be excact... b/ You now have a useless phillips... :crazy:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:

+1...JIS is different again apparently...Japanese Industry Standard BTW Watty not mac fluid you perv... :lol: :lol: Basicaly they dont have a pointed end, with std phillips screw drivers they have a pointed end so dont fit right in to JIS screws...Result is that if they are a bit on the tight side as you apply force the screwdriver 'cam's' up the screw wall & chews up the head...been there done that fecked the screw... :lol: :lol:

Now I have read that by grinding the end off a phillps screw driver you can make an approx. copy...but a/ It wont be excact... b/ You now have a useless phillips... :crazy:
Not so. You can use one, as I did only yesterday, to replace the lost pin in an axle stand.
To be fair, I forgot to grind the end off first, but still got away with it. Worked fine, so not useless at all, in fact, just as good as a Honda mac fluid one
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

the angle is different by 5 degrees too guys.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Today I swapped out the race pattern shift lever on the SP2 and put in a nice Harris item. So now it's wearing Harris rearsets, and when you press down, it goes down!
Then I rode it a bit- well, 60 miles or so to see what I thought.
It goes ok, but on slippery roads full of chewed up wet leaves, I wasn't exactly going for it.

It really doesn't like 30 milits, the speedo may be over-reading- I'll have to count the sprocket teeth- and the rear brake pedal is set too low.
Apart from that, it'll do for now.

I've decided to keep the Arrow single side exhaust for now, and will be selling the Remus Titanium cans- they fit Sp2's only, unless you want to get link pipes made up...

Have a look on Ebay for SP2 Remus Titanium if you're interested.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

OI no selling in this section mr mon.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
a race shift on the road is a recipe for disaster, glad to hear you changed it, are you going to get matching leathers now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I love race shift on road or track .
I want some rear sets for the bird as it pisses me off having to hold a gear in a left hander when I could be changing up
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

are the screwdrivers these ones that wicky mentioned in an earlier thread ?

http://ruggedroads.co.uk/epages/00cbb60 ... ID=7575847.

recommended for Honda bikes
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.