Right then......here he is

General Bike chat
custard

Re: Right then......here he is

Post by custard »

Absolutely stunning Beamish. Welcome to the club. I'm just waiting til payday before I can take mine on a nice long twisty blast. Blew all my cash on my SP2 haha. I see yours is a he - mine is a she cos she is a bit lively and very expensive... like my bitch lol.

I debated the cans dilemma. I think if I do anything to my SP2, it will merely be cans but only in one swoop with a power commander and dyno. I don't want to ruin it with any stick on plastic shite! Will keep standard cans for when (read if) I get rid of it.

As for colours, AFAIK, SP1 were all red and black.
SP2's to my knowledge:
Predominantly white with Red VTR and Black lower and tailpiece.
All black like yours with Red VTR
All Silver with black (IIRC) VTR - the old man edition lol
Castrol Colours like in post above

I think non-uk markets had some different colour schemes, for example the US had the RVT (RC51) which was mostly red, with silver upper fairing, top of tank and rear cowl with black accents to cowl. See here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_RC51

Copied and pasted from wikipedia :

In 2003, HRC released 6 limited edition RC's that sported chrome & yellow Enkei wheels instead of the standard black items. The limited editions commemorated the end of factory support and celebrated the '02 AMA championship. These were such a hit that Honda released the Nicky Haden special edition in 2004 which was also popular with customers. The 2004 special edition RC51's were not a limited edition run, as apposed to the six '03 RC. The 2003 special editions differed in appearance from the 2004's with standard chrome on yellow wheels being the most observable characteristic of the '03's (Honda opted for a decal package with standard black rims and white on red/black trim on the 2004 model). 2003 was the first year that Honda made improvements to the SP-2, bringing in a stronger and much lighter swing arm.

Enjoy him :D
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

looks the dogs matey 8) had my first proper blast out on mine last nite 4 hrs!! and loved every second :D it is biking heaven :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

Beamish wrote:What colours did they do?
I lnow of Red for SP1's, Silver, White and Black for SP2's. Any more?

was this a genuine Honda colour scheme?
Yep thats the Colin Edwards rep, best colours are: Red, Black and the CE rep, my local bike dealer has 2 silver ones in and they dont look no where near as good.

I have been thinking for some time now about an sp......its defo the next bike, I know its a little dated compared to the new stuff but people know there bikes and they always stop to have a look at a piece of history!!!! defo a future classic.
If you get bored of it dont sell it!!!! if you can stretch to buy another bike then still keep the sp.

Cracking bike mate.

ps any know faults/weak points?

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

custard wrote:As for colours, AFAIK, SP1 were all red and black.
I'm sure I've seen a silver SP1 too :?
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

The pad on the front of the rear seat hump.......mine does not have one :confused Should it have one? Is it an aftermarket part? Is it worth having?
Anyone?
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Think its an add on Jim.

Whether its worth fitting? Dunno...might stop it getting scratched?
SP1's rock!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Love the Black :cool2
Mine came out at an time when Honda had run out of ideas for a colour scheme and they must have just decided to do a bit of several of the previous schemes. I've got a bit of black,bit of red and a bit of silver in mine.

Pete.l

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

You dare my friend and I agree whole heartedly :D
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I'm not usually into flashy paint jobs but I would kill for an CE Laguna Secca paint job

Rich.

Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I'd agree with that Cuppa. It looks the muts.

I knew I'd seen silver SP1's too :wink: Cheers Mike :)
SP1's rock!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

got to agree, looked at a silver one at granbys at ilkeston, 03 plate only done 2k!!! wanted 6 grand for it tho :eek2
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Not fussed either tbh :|

SP1's look best in red/black defo :)
SP1's rock!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yup, that'll tempt you away from a common new Blade, right enough.

Could probably have got one by now, if I didn't keep spending the wife's housekeeping on the Storm :oops:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Still in the spending phase...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Thanks Mike, TBH they all look pretty special. The only mod that I will probably do is cans and PC. But i would need to think long and hard about what make and they would have to be quality to match the rest of the build. Akrapovic or similar. Dont want cans with no baffles though just a deeper note and the performance advantage (Plus the cans wouldnt be as hot after a run out :D )