Missing my storm!

General Biker Banter
Zakalwe

Re: Missing my storm!

Post by Zakalwe »

bazza696 wrote:
Zakalwe wrote:
bikerman wrote:IL4 are great but lack that Vtwin soul!

Nah, v-twins are shite...IL4s are where its at (lights blue touch paper, runs like merry hell) :lol:
I think you took a wrong turn instead right for dullsville you went left towards the soul train.... only joking, you cant have got along with a v twin otherwise you would not be saying harsh things about them....

Tongue was firmly in cheek!

I really miss my SP1...if i had the garage space i would be having Firestorm Mike's one.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
forde

Post by forde »

twins are win dude

i have had a bunch of IL4s before i got my storm, but always wanted a twin and when i got the storm it is just win, so much better to ride for my style anyway

ill probly never have an IL4 again, twins triples and singles all the way i like my engines with charachter and grunt

cant even think wat id wanna replace my storm with , aside from an SP1 or SP2 but then id keep the storm as well. I doubt itll ever get sold, other types of bike will come and go tho.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Latest pictures of my fork polishing progression, and still no i'm not going to polish yours-

You can see the bottom is finished, the top is in the first stages, just after using the metal file:

Closer look, just see me taking the picture:

This gives you an idea of how scored the shock is after the metal file:

bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

What makes you think I am taking the bike out when I put them back on.... I will have to wrap them in cling film before I go out
seb421

Post by seb421 »

that looks mint bazza

this stuff used to be my weapon of choise

i used it on alloy on the frame of my CRF 450 it gave it a mirrror finish and lasts for ages

ill find some pics and post them, i havent seen this in shops for ages tho

used to rip a bit of and polish and polish and polsih and polish and polsih with that same bit till it was black and worn down, then get a new bit torn off and repeat
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I have just bought this from Halfrauds, but it will not get through the wheel wax that I put on the forks to protect them from dirt and grim. I will have to de-wax them, then use the polish, then re-wax.

http://washford.scene7.com/is-viewers/f ... ze=450,507